If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami is currently seeking a Sr. Nurse Educator to work at Sylvester Cancer Center in Miami. The incumbent Plans and develops nursing and compliance education programs. Assists in monitoring standards and maintaining updated information. Serves as a resource to all disciplines in the Nursing Department.
Core Job Functions
• Maintains current knowledge of standards, keeping abreast of recent changes that may affect the institution's policies, procedures and processes.
• Assists the development and revision of policies and procedures to help ensure standards compliance.
• Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates staff orientation and compliance educational training programs.
• Determines the educational needs required for units and provides the means for the nursing staff to acquire new knowledge and skll!s to meet changing demands, to enhance levels of clinical performance and to allow for career advancement.
• Prepares manuals, guides and other educational material needs.
• Ensures the nursing staff is in compliance with all regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, Florida Board of Nursing, etc.)
• Assists with the development and implementation of nursing performance improvement program.
• Assists with continued readiness for regulatory agency inspections.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced written and verbal skills.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles.
• Presentation and training skills.
• Advanced computer literacy skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing, emphasis on Nurse Education.
• State of Florida Registered Nurse license; valid CPR/ACLS card
Work Experience Requirements:
• One year of relevant experience in a nursing environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Posted about 3 hours ago
$19.00 per hourPosted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our