Moderna is working to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based medicines. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Manager to act as a cross-functional business integrator as part of our Technical Development Strategic Operations team.
Reporting to the Senior Director, you will be a member of the Strategic Operations team responsible for translating our Technical Development strategy into execution. As part of a highly cross-functional team, you'll collaborate within Technical Development and beyond - including GMP Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, CMC, and R&D Strategy. The role is based in Moderna's new Moderna Technology Center campus in Norwood, MA.
Who You Are:
A master integrator gifted in bringing together people, concepts, and business goals with best-in-class execution. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves - if a process doesn't exist yet, you define it. People applaud your ability to deliver in real (and often high stakes) situations. You collaborate well amongst a team of expert peers.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Drive the execution of our Technical Development Strategy with clear communication, prioritization, and escalation (both within the team and other operating groups)
- Oversee the management of critical cross-functional projects by providing both project management and business process expertise
- Lead business process development and optimization efforts
- Enhance and/or create workflows to keep the flow of information ongoing throughout teams
- Right-size processes born from rapid growth, bringing them to scale
- Facilitate long-range planning and departmental budget planning and execution process for Technical Development
- Support the TechDev Leadership Team by managing action plans and project plans to deliver short-, mid-, and long-term development goals
- Translate the needs of Technical Development leadership and staff into trackable metrics and monthly summary reports; examples include business-related data such as headcount, hiring, CapEx, OpEx, and external spend
- Collaboratively develop and maintain interactive dashboards from the data gathered, providing trackable metrics and regular readouts
- Continue to build and maintain the Technical Development culture and community
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Degree in Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 10 years (MS) or 12 years (BS) industry experience in biopharmaceutical development and project management/integration
- Demonstrated understanding of the Development Lifecycle from R&D through commercialization, including an understanding of the interdependencies of functional groups.
- Experience in early/ late stage Development, corporate strategy, budget processes, project management, including outstanding communication skills and ability to operate effectively in ambiguity by anticipating and balancing needs of multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing interdisciplinary development teams; exceptional skills at facilitating teams and building consensus with membership comprised of diverse levels and areas of the company
- Proficient in relevant project management software: MS Project, Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to general knowledge with shared work environments
- Tableau experience, or willingness to learn
- Extremely organized
- Creative/innovative/problem solver that actively drives progress
- Passion for people management and development
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and writing skills and ability to tailor messaging to audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.