Location: Hershey, PA
Remote work will be considered
This Counsel role will provide sound legal advice, review policies, and work within the matrix organization to support global functions. The successful candidate must have a broad knowledge of labor and employment matters to identify risks, provide legal advice and recommendations, manage administrative litigation and support civil litigation, and assist with global employment and mobility matters. The successful candidate will be a motivated, business-oriented legal professional with exceptional judgment who is customer-focused and can successfully interact with the Company's human resources and related teams.
- Employment Law - Provide legal advice and recommendations with respect to all areas of employment law, including knowledge or ability to handle employment matters under foreign law; Manage and provide advice regarding terminations, discipline, restructures, reductions, selection processes, diversity, equity and inclusion; affirmative action (OFCCP in the U.S.) and safety compliance (OSHA in the U.S.).
- Labor Law - Provide legal advice and recommendations with respect to all areas of labor law, including knowledge or ability to handle labor matters under domestic and foreign law; advise on bargaining strategy and proposals; Manage grievances, unfair labor practices issues and other union activities.
- Litigation - Manage labor and employment administrative litigation, arbitrations and other legal investigations or proceedings.
- Employee Compensation and Benefits - Provide support with respect to benefits and compensation-related matters (including pay equity, FLSA, executive compensation).
- Global Mobility - Provide support with regard to the movement of employees between countries.
- Training - Provide training on labor and employment policies, laws and regulations as a subject matter expert.
- Reports to Sr Dir, Asst GC, Global Employ & Security.
- J.D. degree
- Member in good standing of a state bar
- Must be licensed, or capable of securing the applicable license, to engage in the practice of law as in-house counsel in Pennsylvania.
- Minimum 6 - 8 years of experience in the field of labor and employment law preferred.
- Previous in-house experience as a corporate employment law attorney
- Counseling experience and strong knowledge of state and federal compliance, including FLSA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, Title VII, and WARN.
- Experience in risk mitigation related to employee relations, hiring, terminations, and workforce reductions.
- Experience with state and local government administrative employment agencies.
- Experience with HR policy and procedure creation and implementation.
- Experience with confidentiality and non-compete issues.
- Experience with compensation and benefits and global mobility preferred.
- Experience in both union and non-union work environments.
- Accomplished, business-oriented, client-service oriented with proven track record for developing working relationships and cross-functionality.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and strong abilities in relationship management.
- High energy self-starter with an ability work as a team player to best serve client needs.
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environment, requiring self-motivation and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans