Intrepid Solutions is currently supporting the National Air & Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) providing floor to ceiling information technology services across the command. This has been a growing program for several years, with many opportunities to diversify professional skills, and advancement. Our team is seeking additional personnel to provide Network Installation and Infrastructure support. A qualified candidate will be able to meet the requirements, and perform the duties, outlined below:
QualificationsSKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Install and maintain network cabling throughout customer enterprise to include outlying buildings.
- Install router/switches.
- Install, maintain, computer interconnects (Ethernet, InfiniBand, Fibre Channel).
- Remove unused network cabling and equipment.
- Label all installations in accordance with customer guidance.
- Maintain architectural diagrams and shall document all installations/changes in accordance with NASIC guidance; tools utilized shall include AutoCAD and MS Visio.
- Design networks, schedule installations and schedule network maintenance.
- Maintain list of equipment associated with this functional area.
- Provide weekly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next week and important issues occurring during the week.
- Provide network integration services.
- Support break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations, hardware repair (including in-house or coordinating depot services).
- Install and maintain premises network cabling throughout NASIC enterprise to include outlying buildings (estimated work load: ~500 GSP customers ~2,000 fiber-connected desktops, ~2000 desktop moves requiring fiber work per year, ~5 help desk tickets per month; over 300 miles of premises fiber cabling; historic hours of work is 400 hours per year)
OPERATING HOURS AND EXPECTATIONS: This is a full time position, with standard operating hours Monday - Friday, unless otherwise discussed with management.
TRAVEL: Position does not require travel.
- Between Three (3) and Five (5) years of experience as a Network Hardware Support Technician which includes troubleshooting and resolving problems, desired.
- Between Three (3) and Five (5) years of experience in fiber optic cable installation, maintenance and repair, desired.
- Have knowledge of network and web related protocols (eg, TCI/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Experience with High-performance computer interconnects (Ethernet, InfiniBand, Fibre Channel).
Active Top Secret / SCI **TS/SCI required upon application for initial consideration***EDUCATION:
High School Diploma or equivalentCERTIFICATION(S):
- Active Certified Fiber Optics Installer (CFOI) , required. If certification is not held at time of application, candidate must be willing to obtain this certification within 30 days of hire.
- Possess active IAT Level II (Security+, or equivalent) Certification.
- Active CompTIA Network+, desired.
- Capable of climbing ladders and lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds.
Intrepid Solutions and Services does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, Intrepid may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Intrepid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
This job has expired.