Sr. Hybrid Business Partner / Business Analyst - Supply Chain Digital and Analytics
Multiple Possible Locations: Gaithersburg, Wilmington, Macclesfield
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS IT TEAM
Operations IT is a global IT capability supporting the Global Operations organisation. We business partner with Operations capability areas: Pharmaceutical Technology Development, Manufacturing & Global Engineering, Quality Control, Sustainability, Supply Chain, Logistics and Global External Sourcing and Procurement. We operate out of Operations hubs sites including in the UK, Sweden, US, and China; and out of our Global Technology Centres in India and Mexico.
Here our work has a direct impact on patients - transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
It's a dynamic and challenging environment to work in - but that's why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that's exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Senior Hybrid BP / BA will use their IT expertise, bio-pharma industry trends and in-depth understanding of AZ business processes to lead the domain specialist area IT strategy development, investment planning, and delivery. The role will develop strategic relationships with the leadership and process owners for the specialist area, identifying ways for IT to partner achieving and exceeding business objectives.
This role will lead the identification of innovative technology solutions, to create maximum competitive advantage, focused on high impact business outcomes and will ensure current technology is fully exploited for business benefit.
The role will be accountable for the successful delivery of programs, projects, and products and will flex between the key capabilities of Business Partner / Business Analyst /Project Management depending on the particular circumstances.
This role will have a focus/specialist area on Data, AI and Analytics solutions across our Source, Plan and Deliver processes. (Candidates who do not have previous practical data experience / knowledge will not be considered for this role.)
- Business Partnering - 40%
- Partner for business strategy development in specialist area including digital strategy
- Define the technology direction, strategy and take a lead on business case creation for the specialist area
- Primary point of contact for specialist area within the capability.
- Maintaining communication with stakeholders, including, creating and being fully accountable for a communication/engagement plan
- Thought leadership, planning, coordination, and management of business demand for the specialist area
- Business Analysis - 40%
- Understand and prioritise business requirements from multiple stakeholders and simplify them for easy analysis, solution design and decision making
- Work with colleagues globally across IT and the business to identify the capabilities required to ensure outcomes/requirements are clearly understood and can be delivered.
- Contribute to project delivery with Requirements Analysis, Business Process Mapping, functional design and testing
Work collaboratively with:
- Project Management - 20%
- Lead and influence teams to ensure major, global projects are completed on-time, within budget, and with their goals fulfilled
- Assign work and empower teams to be accountable for ensuring tasks are completed as scheduled
- Monitor and report project progress, budget, compare actual performance against planned/scheduled performance, risk/issue management
- Mediator between the delivery team and the product owner, coaching team members. Facilitates stand-ups between the product owner and delivery team as required
- Solves team conflicts with good communication skills. Motivates the team
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVEEssential
- Business and IT teams and other stakeholders to build their understanding of specific area strategy, programs and challenges
- Business areas to drive effective prioritization and business alignment of investments
- Business leaders to ensure investments deliver forecast benefits and business outcomes
- Architecture leaders in the development of technical strategies and blue prints
- Solution delivery, Data Analytics & AI team, and Operational Excellence to ensure business expectations are fulfilled
- Experience in delivering Data & Analytics solutions
- Deep understanding of data constructs (Mesh, Products, etc.) and associated technologies underlying these capabilities
- Deep understanding of the practical applications of data beyond reporting and analytics
- Current on latest trends in evolution of data management / utilization.
- Experience of implementing solutions with hands on practical experience in detailed requirements gathering, business process mapping, functional design and testing
- Experience of identification and implementation of innovative technology solutions
- Experience of input to business strategies and influencing the vision of senior leaders
- Experience of leading business cases & mobilising investments
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting
- Excellent influencing, networking and team working skills
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Able to manage expectations and lead negotiations across complex stakeholder groups
- Expert relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Expertise in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent (business technology or related degree)
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams in a matrix organization
WHY JOIN US
- Experience / Understanding of Supply Chain / Operations function
- Experience in bio-pharma industry
- Experience with SAP
- Networks within pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors! ABOUT ASTRAZENECA
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you're interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.