Job Description Summary
Provides corporate environmental, health, safety, and sustainability (EHSS) management system, risk management, and compliance support to field E/HS managers and facility teams. Build and provide tools, processes, training, and implementation support to assist facility personnel manage legal/regulatory obligations and Lamb Weston EHSS management system program requirements. Function as a subject matter expert and system administrator for the EHSS Information Management System (EHSS IMS). Work closely with facility-responsible EHSS IMS administrators to assure readiness and smooth, steady EHSS IMS implementation across the platform. Oversee LW's EHSS audit and corrective action processes to assure continuous compliance and improve EHSS performance.
- Develop, maintain, and track EHSS performance metrics and leading / lagging key performance indicators for the business. Includes performance metrics around compliance, risk management, and EHSS program implementation.
- Assist in planning and participate in Corporate EHSS meetings
- Facilitate EHSS program / process alignment and standardization across all LW sites, via development of standardized tools and processes and 1:1 coaching and support.
- Participate in the development and roll-out of Lamb Weston's EHSS Management System.
- Serve as EHSS Capital Projects Early Management / VSU Leader
- Work with local E/HS managers to complete CIR checklists and assure EHSS risk controls and compliance requirements are reflected in the CIR budget
- Function as EHSS liaison to large capital projects in play
- Facilitate the pre-start-up EHSS review process on capital projects to assure appropriate compliance requirements and risk controls are in place (prior to start-up)
- Develop and implement a process to evaluate EHSS impacts on maintenance / lower-level capital projects
- Facilitate the periodic EHSS Regulatory Applicability Analysis (RAA) / Legal and Other requirements process
- Works closely with regional and facility-level E/HS Managers to monitor changes in Fed / State / Local regulations and permits and changes in facility operations to maintain an up-to-date RAA for each LW facility
- Publishes and maintains an ENV risk profile fact sheet for each LW facility
- Function as EHSS IMS subject matter expert and administrator:
- Become the LW subject matter expert on the system
- Monitor the on-going functionality of the EHSS IMS and function as the alternate point of contact for IT and the software vendor on system problems and needed improvements
- Function as liaison / service point of contact for all Lamb Weston safety & environmental managers on the system
- Develop and oversee the process to assure appropriate mapping of all facility compliance and EHSS program management tasks in the system
- Master keeper of all compliance task mgmt. information and metrics: % on-time ENV compliance task completion; tracking and follow-up on overdue compliance tasks
- Owner of all management of change elements on compliance task tracking system (e.g., people / task owner MOC; permit / regulation-change MOC, load new permit information into task manager software)
- Oversee / coordinates the LW EHSS Audit Process and Schedule:
- Establish / coordinate the annual EHSS audit schedule and resource model to deliver audits
- Oversee and facilitate pre-audit information requests and prep work to assist facilities in preparing for EHSS audits
- Develop / maintain EHSS audit protocols to keep them up-to-date on changing regulatory / permit requirements and changing LW EHSS policy requirements
- Periodically, participate on EHSS audit teams as an auditor
- Provides overall corporate tracking and trending on EHSS compliance audit findings, corrective action follow-up and closure, and publishing of periodic audit-related metrics
- Work with corporate and facility E/HS Managers to oversee (the consistency and quality of) periodic EHSS external reporting requirements
- Develop / oversee the Master EHSS Central File Plan that is used locally by EHS managers at LW facilities:
- Assure standardization, across facilities, of EHSS files
- Oversee the EHSS document control, recordkeeping, and document retention schedule
- Align the above processes inside the EHSS IMS
- As needed, provide technical expertise to LW operations management regarding major EHSS laws and federal regulations, including the selection and utilization of outside consultants
- Other duties as assigned by Corporate EHSS Leadership
Bachelor's Degree in Science (Engineering, Biology or Chemistry)
Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
3 - 5 years progressive experience in the environmental/engineering field
Solid knowledge of LW manufacturing operations
Knowledge of all EHS regulations and their impact on the food industry
Good leadership skills
Good presentation skills
Experience with developing engineering scope for new equipment to fulfill compliance needs
Knowledgeable of operational practices for EHSS control systems. Provide expertise to plant operators to successfully manage and operate equipment to meet permit and regulatory requirements. Understanding of food processing sanitation and quality control needs in manufacturing consumer food products.
Ability to work in office environment, manufacturing operations, and environmental control systems. Ability to represent Lamb Weston on environmental matters to outside stakeholders. Position will require occasional travel (up to 25%) to facilities to fulfill responsibilities.
This job has expired.