Requisition ID: 53630
Sr BI Specialist
Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we're looking for:
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is currently reviewing top candidates for the role of Senior BI Specialist . The Senior BI Specialist will be responsible for delivery of global BI solutions within a Global IS COE team. The candidate should have a broad knowledge of various technical functions to development requirements and specifications for new and existing application systems. Able to accurately anticipate organizational impact; understands the procedures and expected system performance associated with the introduction of new technologies; and seeks ways to collaborate with other IS colleagues to facilitate systems integrations and transitions. The candidate must have SAP functional and data experience in multiple functional areas with experience in having worked on them in BW with an emphasis on Data Services extractors. The candidate also needs to have hands-on with data warehousing/BI technologies like SAP BusinessObjects suite, HANA, SAS, Tableau, PowerBI, SSAS, and provide support to the business community for all BI related applications. This position will provide a variety of professional development opportunities in a leading edge technology environment on a team that is using some of the best products on the market to create industry leading digital experiences.
What you'll do:
What you need:
- Works with Global IS COE colleagues and project sponsors/customers to determine the long-term application architecture and strategy.
- Oversees major applications integration efforts, this includes but not limited to: designs, codes, tests, installs and supports complex integrated application systems; guides the customization, implementation and support of purchased package applications.
- Analyzes and provides technical advice and direction regarding the interface/integrate of supported systems with the rest of the application portfolio; analyzes how the supported applications can best serve business functions; recognizes the impact to the business of proposed application changes and advises IS colleagues accordingly.
- Interacts with customers, Business Process Specialist and vendors to quantify system requirements, and coordinate system integration testing, migration and roll-out; identifies, evaluates and recommends alternative technical solutions for best fit to business, oversees the initial pilot and recommends guidelines and standards for use.
- Serves as Project Manager or participates on project teams on strategic long-range and highly complex projects that span the organization, crossing business unit boundaries; as a project manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of assigned project team to meet project milestones. Proactively reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans. Presents reports on project performance, changes, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participates in key management activities committees advising project sponsors or senior management accordingly.
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA preferred or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, and
What will make you successful:
- In-depth technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments
- 7+ years BI development and architecture design
- At least 7 years of experience working with multiple BI systems like SAP BOBJ, SAS, Microsoft SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, PowerBI, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Python,etc.
- At least 5 years' experience developing Enterprise BI Solution on multiple EDW platforms (Teradata, SQLServer, Oracle, HANA, BW, AS400)
- Experience in data modeling (Star schema and 3rd Normal form) and hands-on experience in ERWin and other modeling tools
- Experience with integration of SAP BOBJ and SAP BW
- Experience using SAP Data Services Extractors
- Experience implementing SAP BOBJ and Tableau on HANA
- Understand multiple data structures including structure, unstructured, semi-structure, JSON, XML, EDI, etc.
- Experience with HANA View creation
- Experience with EDW development life cycle from business requirement gathering to end solution
- Experience with Self-service BI and Agile BI development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as customer service skills
- Exposure to Predictive Analytics, Data Science, and Big Data technology will be a big plus.
- Availability for occasional travel based on client and project needs
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Associates Supervised: Temporary indirect reporting relationships may exist while working as Project lead. May be require to act in senior role, providing task related advise and direction to junior team members
- Normal office environment
- Occasional travel
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.