Job Posting Title
Sr. Analyst, Customer Supply ChainPosition Summary
This position provides critical analytical support to the Ferrara Candy Company Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process, enabling attainment of target service levels while achieving target inventory objectives. This person will be in a highly visible role, reporting directly to the Director of Customer Supply Chain for Walmart and Sam's Club and will work across multiple channels to provide customer support where needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Investigates supply problems and develops solutions to ensure production can deliver customer demand on-time and in-full for Walmart and/or Sam's Club Business.
- Identify opportunities to improve the on time and in full requirements of customers. This is done through direct contact with key internal (sales, transportation, supply/demand planning, distribution, deployment) and external people (customer cross functional teammates)
- Creates, develops and maintains item-level inventory policies, as well as facilitates cross-functional team meetings in effort to meet inventory goals.
- Answer non-routine questions pertaining to customer support that require deviation from standardized procedures. Investigate, analyze, and solve customer issues.
- Manage individual customer orders for a subset of customers.
- Develops periodic performance reports and distributes them to stakeholders.
- Determines appropriate product sourcing with understanding of cost/service trade-offs.
- Identifies productivity initiatives.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish business goals.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures.
Understands and demonstrates the Company's core values.
- Limited travel may be required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Detail oriented self-starter and comfortable taking initiative, as well as capable of producing high quality results on a sustainable basis.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills, written, oral and interpersonal are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, Finance or Business Administration, or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel/Access, PowerPoint are required, including management of complex data sets.
- Familiarity with SAP software and Business Warehouse/Business Intelligence systems preferred.
- Experience working in key supply chain areas like demand, supply, capacity, inventory, and distribution is preferred.
- Experience with Walmart/Sam's Club Supply Chain and systems (Retail Link, NOVA, Madrid, etc.)
- Experience of Distributor Model of Supply Chain (e.g. McLane, Core Mark, or DOT Foods) preferred.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.