Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improve business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
About the Site
The Southern Oak Energy Center is a 160 MW-AC solar powered generation facility located in Camilla, GA utilizing TMEIC 3.3MW inverters, Single axis NEXTracker trackers, and Longi modules, with an attached substation.
As a Solar Technician, you will be responsible for assisting in operating and maintaining the Southern Oak Energy Center.
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance on all site solar, substation, and associated equipment
- Perform vegetation management, up to operating large equipment to maintain the site per the vegetation management plan.
- Troubleshoot complicated electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic problems including: Inverter faults, Tracker faults, network communications, ground faults, collection issues, substation issues, and general site performance issues.
- Understand electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic functions of all components of solar site and associated equipment.
- Conduct site maintenance daily, wearing all required safety equipment, to inspect, maintain, and repair equipment.
- The Solar Technician will work a schedule of 7:00am - 3:30pm Monday-Friday (40 hours) and will be subject to scheduled and unscheduled overtime and potential night work. The work schedule will vary during the peak maintenance periods.
- Maintain company tooling, facilities and equipment and a clean safe work environment
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year technical experience (electrical, etc.) and/or technical education.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Willing to work nights during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Ability to climb / work safely from a portable step ladder
- Ability to understand directions, follow procedures, and complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Experience with PV maintenance, including DC systems, AC medium voltage systems, and network communications and monitoring
- Experience with the operation of various SCADA systems
- Skilled in the use of testing equipment and tools such as Thermographic Electrical Inspection, I-V Curve Tracing, Meggers, and Ground Fault Detection
- Strong Analytical and Diagnostic capabilities to troubleshoot and correct problems found
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and standard practices
- Ability to read and understand electrical single-line and three-line diagrams / schematics
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
Individuals receiving conditional offers of employment will be subject to drug testing and must receive a negative result to begin working for the company.Benefits
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, paid time off, etc.Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.