There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
GM OnStar Insurance Group- we are seeking those who are looking for a new and exciting opportunity within GM?Are you passionate about being a part of a start-up that will scale the OnStar Insurance business? Are you excited about a new vision and how GM will continue to revolutionize the consumer market with added services? The foundation has been laid to launch this exciting and fast-paced team.This may be the opportunity for you!
Additional Job Description
About theFirst Mileteamat General Motors:
First Mile's software engineers areresponsible forideating, incubating,and deliveringnewtechnology for General Motors. We work closely with our Global Innovation and Chief Data Analytics Office to exploregrowth opportunities outside of the company's core, existing businesses.Our teamincludesbest-in-industryengineers,product owners, and designerswho have an ambition to moveat lightning speed,deliver world-class software, and deliver high-quality, innovative software that delights our customers.Our engineerswork in a highly collaborativeenvironments working across many disciplines. We regularly work on cutting edge technologies - understanding and inventing new designs and integration patterns along the way. Our engineers must...
- You will need to have proven experience in the following:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Assists with Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Work closely with senior developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.
- Quickly design,develop, and delivernewcode
- Estimateand design workthat is just-in-time and sized in small increments
- Perform root cause analysis,dotechnology evaluations, anddevelopquick prototypes
- Commit to completing well-defined, secure, and elegantwork and deliver ontheircommitments
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuousintegration, and continuous delivery
- Prospectiveteam memberspossess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to developstrongpeer relationships, and a strong technical learning capabilityand focus.
- Experience with Agile teams that haveregularlydelivered software while practicing code review
- Over3yearsofsoftware developmentexperience in Javausing MVC and RESTful services
- Expertise inSQL(relational databases), key-value datastores, and document stores
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and componentsin frontend and backend work
- Proven experience diagnosingissues from browser toinfrastructuretonetworktodatabaseand all the way back
- Over2yearssoftwaredevelopment utilizing industry standard design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsand ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creativeproblem-solvingskillsthat deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Strongteamworkfocus (live by the team, die by the team)and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Bachelor degree in Computer Scienceor related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Over 1 yeardeveloping 12 factor apps including designing and implementingContinuous Integration, Build,and Delivery
- Over1 yearutilizingplatform and infrastructure as a servicetechnologies and capabilitiesand their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries,etc)
- Over 1year of Angular4/5/6 or Reactdevelopment experience
- Over 1 year of hands on experience with Big Data Tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Over 1 year of SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience using Git source controldoing rebases, merges, and handling merge conflicts
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.