Posted in Education and Training
The Communications Division at Lafayette College seeks a creative, highly driven, and results-oriented Social Media Manager who can set a leading example among top colleges on social media impact. This colleague will build an innovative, dynamic, and strategically oriented approach to social media and new media that engages our diverse constituencies and maximizes the benefits of these media to Lafayette's reach and reputation. Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy and Admissions Marketing and joining a highly motivated and passionate Communications team, the manager will devise and implement a comprehensive social media program for one of the finest liberal arts colleges in the country. The manager will be a leader in social and new media development among liberal arts institutions, including as an expert in social media, a superb visual and prose storyteller, and a helpful advisor to offices using social media across campus. Via interactive and emerging technologies, the manager will propel conversation on the College's social media channels and drive audiences to continually higher levels of participation.
● Work with the Vice President, Assistant Vice President, and Director to devise and implement a comprehensive, creative, and bold social media and content strategy consistent with the strategic and communications plans of the College.
● Manage the College's social media presences to promote Lafayette, its people, and its mission and continually expand audience engagement.
● Build and implement regular, compelling, and creative engaging social media and viral campaigns that advance College priorities and boost audience awareness and engagement, partnering with representatives of admissions, alumni, and student life as necessary to ensure effective and impactful coordination of College social media activity.
● Create and distribute social media content of all kinds - textual, photographic slideshow, video, and animation - to enhance Lafayette's social media presence and increase constituent engagement with the College, partnering as necessary with the division's photography and videography and graphics design teams.
● Develop successful relationships with faculty, students, staff, and administrators to build social media, new media, and website content.
● Establish a high standard for social and new media for the campus community and serve as a campus resource for other administrative and academic offices seeking to use social media effectively.
● Evaluate and deploy new social media platforms that promise to enrich engagement with the College's varied audiences.
● Serve as a dynamic contributor to the Lafayette news team, specifically by proposing, writing, and editing, when needed, web stories that bring breaking campus news to a wide College audience and greater public.
● Monitor and continually expand expertise in social media practices and technologies to ensure that Lafayette is a leader among liberal arts colleges in making best use of these media.
● Use effective analytical and tracking tools to regularly adapt, improve, and report on the performance of social media and related campaigns.
● Play an instrumental role in crisis communications as needed.
● Other related duties as required.
● Bachelor's degree.
● At least four years of full-time professional experience in social media.
● Excellent oral and written communications skills.
● Demonstrated creative experience building social media audiences.
● Proven social media voice that is confident, effective, and engaging.
● Established record of positive and effective collaboration and interpersonal skills working with diverse colleagues.
● Strong work ethic, with proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and attend to numerous details well and on time.
● Experience using web tools and software for analyzing and improving social media channels.
● Experience in higher education.
● Experience with social media analytics and crisis communications.
● Demonstrated skill as a strategic thinker.
● Experience creating and deploying varied multi-media content - specifically photography, slideshows, and videography - for institutional goals.
● Experience using web tools and other software for analyzing social media and digital performance.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (address, e-mail, and telephone numbers) of three professional references. A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. http://apply.interfolio.com/120854
Lafayette is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is responsive inclusive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share in the responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Lafayette operations reflect the College's commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives, and Lafayette welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our