Job ID: 269080
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Skilled Laborer - Union
Would you enjoy working for an industry leader? Are you being challenged in your current position? Look no further, Pennsy Supply has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, TRACK, etc.).
- Measure distance from grade stakes, drives stakes and stretches tight line.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement.
- Directs and communicates with dump and lute personnel.
- Assists in the erection, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Traffic flagger.
- Shovels, rakes, spreads and levels earth, aggregates and hot asphalt mix to fine grade specifications.
- Lute and pick.
- Digs, spreads and levels construction materials.
- Drives pick-up, flat bed and stake body truck to and from job sites.
- Loads, unloads and carries tools, equipment and materials.
- Cleans various tools, equipment, materials and work areas.
- Operates air hammer, chisel and/or power saw.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must submit to a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Flagger certification helpful..
- 1-3 years laboring experience preferred.
About Pennsy Supply
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form Oldcastle. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
EOE / M / F / Vet /Disability What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jun 9, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lancaster Job Segment:
Laborer, General Labor, Supply, Labor, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.