Job ID: 255402
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
The Asphalt Plant Laborer position is responsible for performing various duties on asphalt plant/bagging projects. The employee will generally work in utility capacity by transferring from one task to another where demands are required. Includes operation of light equipment. The career field for "Laborer" includes, but may not be limited to, the following positions: Laborer, General Laborer, Paving Laborer, Plant Laborer.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Assist plant crew with various duties such as; lifting cold mix bags, stack on pallets, and shrink wrap in plastic. Follow direction of supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job.
- May be called upon to operate light equipment such as skid steer, etc.
- Bag cold mix, place in pallet, and wrap in plastic.
- Lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies.
- Track inventory daily to keep with up bag count.
- Keep bagging plant clean at all times.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred.
- Previous related experience in plant/bagging operations is preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: safety gloves, hard hat, high visibility vest, safety glasses, safety (hard toe) shoes.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in bagging operations.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must lift and/or move any where up to 60 pounds.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Laborer, Electrical, General Labor, Labor, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.