MV Transportation is seeking a Shop Foreman to manage all maintenance aspects of the maintenance operation during shift to include preventative maintenance and repair of vehicles. The Shop Foreman will be responsible for all maintenance and utility staff. The Shop Foreman will assure that all contractual requirements are achieved. Duties include daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting responsibilities along with the management of the maintenance program budget. The Shop Foreman will be responsible for training and development of the maintenance staff and will work with the Fleet Manager in the running of the day-to-day business. In addition, the Shop Foreman must have experience with air conditioning systems, transmissions, electrical diagnosis, emission control systems, and wheelchair lifts.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
- Must be able to manage the financial / accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance operation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft outlook.
- Must have technical competence with heavy diesel vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
- Diesel experience preferred.
- ASE certified truck or school bus preferred.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.