Service Associates are skilled in the duties of both a Customer Service Representative (sales on the platform), and Teller (transactions at the teller line). Works toward achieving specific individual sales and service goals through the following activities:
- Opens deposit accounts
- Prepares and processes loan applications for various lending units (mortgage, consumer, small business, etc.)
- Closes loans for customers for applicable business lines (i.e. consumer lending)
- Makes referrals to other bank business lines and third party partners - Proactively reaches out, by phone and in person, to high-value customers in efforts to retain and grow the portfolio
- For licensed individuals, sells annuities and/or insurance products
- Responsible for operational compliance and adherence to policy
- Handles daily account maintenance and other service issues as necessary (supermarket position only) Walks the aisles of the supermarket to talk with prospects and existing bank customers about the banks products and services
- Teller Duties:
- Process deposits to customer accounts; includes verification of cash, verification of endorsements, and providing customers with receipts.
- Cash checks for customers and non-customers according to bank policy.
- Process and properly record the sale of monetary instruments (i.e. official bank checks).
- Properly file all government-mandated reports related to large cash transactions and the sale of all monetary instruments.
- Process foreign currency purchases and sales.
- Process various types of loan payments and credit card cash advances.
- Relative to all duties, must adhere to all bank policies and procedures.
- Incumbent must have the ability to work independently, multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Individual should be an outgoing self-starter and be techn ically literate.
- Basic business acumen and professionalism is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn all there is to know about the products and services offered by the bank.
- One-to-two years of sales experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Some banking experience is preferred (i.e. teller or otherwise) is a plus.
- High School or equivalent
- Individuals in this position MUST be regularly scheduled to work 40-60% of his/her time each week on the platform, and the remaining 40-60% of his/her time on the teller line.
- No more than 60% of total scheduled time may be spent in either role.
- Ability to stand and remain standing for up to five hours at a time without a break.
- Supermarket position only: ? In-store locations are open 7-days / week with extended evening hours on several days.
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts that include evenings and weekends. ? In-store branches often employ sales and marketing tactics that include, working the aisles of the supermarket to speak with store customers about bank products and services.
- Incumbents would be expected to participate in such activities.
Job Grade: 10