Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked 114 in ENR's 2022 Top 500 Firms and has made Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work For lists in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
Ardurra is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our staff in Miami, FL.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading, staffing, and managing all aspects of the clients' projects.
The Senior Project Manager will supervise all team members working on the project, providing clear guidance regarding each team member technical responsibilities, budget, and schedule. The Senior Project Manager also provides guidance regarding the QA/QC process for the project. The senior project manager also will also manage multiple design consultants to implement detailed designs and permitting plans.
Prospective candidate must have a minimum ten (10) years serving as a senior project manager managing multiple design consultants.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to manage multiple design consultants to complete detailed and permitted construction plans
- Must be able work in a client office environment
- During project startup, understand the client critical success factors and prepare an effective project management plan
- Responsible for project administration in the Ajera project management system (including accurately placing the project setup information)
- Responsible for making sure that all team members understand their role on the project, the task/s that need to be accomplished, along with the schedule and budget for the tasks
- Be available to team members to clarify any issue. If uncertain, consult with the principal in charge for guidance
- During project execution, monitor progress of the scope, budget, schedule, and quality/performance. Implement corrective actions, as appropriate. Project financials need to be reviewed on a weekly basis
- Conduct monthly project reviews with the project client and/or principal in charge, and seek periodic guidance
- Provide project team leadership and be accountable for technical, financial and schedule delivery excellence
- Responsible for delivering service to the client and for client relations
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of the project from initiation through closeout
- Responsible for risk management and proactive change management
- Responsible for prompt invoicing and collection
- Develop, where appropriate, innovative solutions to add value to our clients that differentiates the engineering firm from competitors
- Responsible for marketing existing clients through project performance, expanding the scope of existing contracts and identifying new project opportunities
In addition to the position's skills, education, and experience requirements, the following competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future:
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
The Ideal Candidate shall possess the following Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Proven experience managing multiples design consultants
- Proven experience in the design/construction of Civil Engineering Projects (facilities (vertical), utilities, land development, transportation)
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Relevant technical expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work from the client's home office
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Professional Engineer (Florida), or availability to obtain license within 6 months
- At least ten (10) years of experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. These are as follows:
- Typical office environment which includes sitting, walking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing reaching, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting, or carrying up to twenty (20) pounds
- Ability to balance on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; make rational decisions; express ideas through speaking accurately/loudly/quickly; walk from one work site to another
- Ability to exert up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force to move objects
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.Recommended Skills
This job has expired.
- Change Management
- Civil Engineering