At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex surgical systems including cameras, instruments, and accessories for use in surgery. We are looking for an individual to manage projects associated with the development of these products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Driving a portfolio of product design projects
- Ensure Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures
- Facilitate and ensure that complex, high-value Business Unit projects are properly scoped, resourced, and communicated to minimize risk, deliver on-time and on-budget
- Organize and lead phase gate review meetings
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Develop and monitor project budgets
- Provide clear communication to the organization on project status, critical path, as well as potential areas of risk
- Work closely with Product Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality organizations to ensure input and representation in the development process
- Work closely with New Product Introduction counterparts to ensure prototypes, supplier and manufacturing activities are scheduled and tracked appropriately
- Contributes to product prioritization decisions by providing data and analysis from current and past projects
- Provides feedback to team members regarding performance and requirements.
- Build strong informal and formal communication channels to deliver information that is accurate and up-to-date to all stakeholders
- Utilize corporate approved tools and implement them to empower and unencumber team members as they work to complete projects
- Organize and guide large numbers of distributed, cross-functional resources successfully
- Function as the primary point-of-contact for key leaders and stakeholders across the organization
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership on the project status
- Comfortable with all phases of the product or software development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation and transfer
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to lead a large number of people on a variety of programs
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once
- Requires knowledge of engineering, product strategy and business management
- Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, produce-ability and cost
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
- Previous experience working with optical/electrical/mechanical product development is desired
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; must work well under pressure, be flexible, and meet deadlines
- Energetic and balanced person with a drive for results, who feels accountable, has a great attitude, and is a team-player; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Desired project tools experience includes CA Technology - Resource Management tool, JIRA, Confluence
- Minimum 15 years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of products
- Medical device experience preferred
- BS or equivalent work experience in a scientific field preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
- Certification in project management (PMP) desired
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : No
Travel Requirements: No Shift: Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.