Experienced in a cGMP pharmaceutical or regulated industry and have a passion to grow your skills within a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? If that is a yes, this exciting Sr Process Engineer role in Coppell, TX might just be your reality!
In Operations, we have a big ambition - to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership, and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out-of-the-box thinking.
We are driven by our commitment to deliver accelerated growth for AstraZeneca and to make people's lives better. It pushes us to keep building on our foundations and progressing as we turn our ever-growing and increasingly complex pipeline from molecule to medicine. Be part of evolving how we work with Lean, cutting-edge science, digitalization, and sustainable practices.
Welcome to Coppell, Texas, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities, it's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. The Lokelma ® Supply Site (LSS) has recently remodeled office space to provide a pleasant office environment to support varying work styles and collaboration needs. LSS has an on-site café with a selection of snacks and refrigerated grab-and-go items for purchase. Additionally, the site offers a food delivery service through Foodsby, allowing employees to purchase food from a variety of local restaurants to be delivered to the site, which currently includes a discounted price for LSS employees.
What you'll do:
As the Senior Process Engineer, you will bring relevant experience from pharmaceutical chemical processing or a large scale chemical manufacturing facility to manage, execute, and deliver new capital and non-capital projects, participate in design and safety reviews, interact and collaborate with other disciplines including external contractors, coach and mentor junior engineers, and provide technical leadership within the process engineering team. May be asked to support investigations and correction of process related problems and deviations from standards.
Essential for the role:
- Develops conceptual strategies, processing schemes, feasibility studies, PFD's, and detailed scopes of work
- Develops, reviews, and communicates detailed process design, including P&ID mark-ups, equipment process data sheets, process piping design, and ancillary equipment
- Works on several different projects and prioritizes these projects with guidance
- Assists in developing control strategy and instrument process design, including emergency and shutdown procedures, instrument specification sheets, control ranges, and alarm points
- Designs studies, executes experiments and perform data analysis
- Writes study proposals, progress reports, development reports, user requirements, and various technical memos
- Evaluates new technologies to improve the commercial production process
- Supports scale up activities from R&D to production
- Supports buildout of new facilities
- Provides required documentation to support compliance
- Supports the assurance of a robust manufacturing process for the current registered process as experience is gained post launch
- Sets up robust process for trouble shooting
- Acts as an effective change agent
- Actively participates in the development and mentoring of additional staff
Desirable for the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years of direct chemical processing experience preferably in a pharmaceutical production environment
- Experience in process design, project management, and leading a team
- Hands-on experience in working with Chemical Operations and preferably API Manufacturing
- Experience in reading/writing P&ID's, Process Flow Diagrams, and mass and energy balances
- Experience in batch type operations
- Experience with large scale, high volume operations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of drug product supply chain needs
- Experience in the following areas: Process Chemistry scale up; validation activities for commercial production; reactors and drying processes; and, setting up new equipment trains - (URS, PID, DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Capital project experience (CAPEX)
- High temperature and high pressure applications
- Experience with pressure filter dryer technology
- Root cause investigation training
- Lean certification
- Six-sigma certification
- Experience with automatic process controls (PLC, DCS)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey!Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/?hl=enAbout Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.