This position primarily supports Tyson's marketing and intellectual property attorneys, with an emphasis on marketing and trademark matters. The candidate must be able to apply their knowledge in the form of reviewing a variety of marketing assets, first line drafting and reviewing of promotional agreements and sweepstakes rules, performing trademark availability searches, assisting in managing an extensive trademark portfolio, as well as conducting research and drafting other ancillary documents as needed. This position will work across several business units.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Typical responsibilities include:
- Reviewing marketing materials to ensure protection of intellectual property assets, accuracy of various claims and compliance with internal policies
- Drafting and reviewing promotional agreements and sweepstakes rules
- Performing and reviewing trademark searches
- Managing the docketing system and electronic filings for assigned trademarks
- Prosecuting trademark applications and other USPTO and TTAB filings
- Working under the general supervision of several in-house attorneys
- Supporting Tyson patent matters
- Communicating effectively and professionally with internal business managers, government officials, and outside lawyers
- Actively engaging in continuous improvement processes and assisting the Company's attorneys with the development, preparation, and roll-out of internal training sessions
- Other assigned responsibilities
Requires one of the following: i. Paralegal degree from an ABA-certified degree program or equivalent work-related experience; ii. bachelor's degree in any field and completion of a paralegal certificate program within the first year of employment; or iii. exam-based certification from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) or from National Certification of Paralegal Associations (NFPA). Experience:
Two years of experience as a marketing and/or trademark paralegal in an in-house corporate law department or law firm. Computer Skills:
Requires electronic legal research skills, advanced word processing skills including experience in Word, trademark docketing systems, and computer skills that may include utilizing advanced functions in spreadsheet and legal department matter management packages. Special Skills:
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to actively engage and work with members of the legal staff located at various offices. Excellent writing skills.Supervisory:
No direct reports but will provide work to administrative support staff. Location:
This position is required to be performed onsite in the Law Department at Tyson's world headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas. Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.