Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Business Technology (NBT), is seeking qualified applicants for the position ofSenior Oracle Database Administrator. Individuals who meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in this opportunity should upload a resume when applying online.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Responsibilities of the NBT Senior Oracle Database Administrator include but are not limited in performing Oracle DBA tasks and operations of existing corporate data including coordination, capacity planning, configuration, design, data migration and to ensure a stable information systems environment. Additional responsibilities include performance monitoring, security, backups, troubleshooting, and data recovery. This role will be expected to assist with providing technical leadership & mentorship within the DBA team while expanding outside of their core team to provide technical direction and guidance to other NBT Departments, Teams & Partners. This individual will be required to work nights and weekends as needed.
The NBT Irving, TX office is the preferred location for this position.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Detailed Selection Criteria:Technical Ability -
- 7+ years' experience administering Oracle database solutions
- 5+ years' experience administering Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) application environments
Knowledge of the practical application of technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the work at hand.Communication Skills -
The ability to give full attention to what others are saying and communicating information so that others will understand.Customer Service -
Supporting internal customer needs and requests for help in a timely and effective manner. Problem Solving -
Identifying problems and analyzing or reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.Organizing, Planning, Prioritizing Work -
Developing specific goals and plans for prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing individual work and/or the work of the team.Accountability & Dependability -
Displays responsibility, reliability, is committed to fulfilling work obligations and can hold others accountable for desired results.Teamwork -
Working as part of a coordinated effort with others to achieve a common goal.Independence -
Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight.Preferred Qualifications:
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent work experience
- Production DBA experience with ability to work with Development and other Solution teams on DB architecture and design.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Architecture and Concepts. General RDBMS, Database tuning, SQL tuning, Database Statistics, Database upgrades, Database Installation, Configuration and Patching including RAC
- Significant experience with Oracle,12c and 19c architecture and database design, and related Oracle technologies (Partition, TDE Encryption, etc.) on Linux and Windows systems
- Significant installation, configuration, upgrade, and patching experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) application environments, preferably R12.2.x with Database 19c
- Significant experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, and optimization of database environments, preferably 12c and 19c
- Demonstrated experience writing & optimizing SQL and PL/SQL and writing scripts using Shell and/or Python and automating routine DBA tasks
- Experience optimizing database solutions for multi-terabyte and multi-tenancy database architectures (CDB & PDB)
- Demonstrated experience working with Data Replication, Database Security, Encryption, Compression and Data Masking/Redaction technologies
- Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control and/or Cloud Control
- Working knowledge of Oracle database administration on Exadata platforms
- Working knowledge of high-availability solutions and architecture (RAC, DataGuard, RMAN, GoldenGate)
- Experience working with US Based and offshore teammates
- Oracle OCP or OCM certification(s)