We are seeking a Senior or Lead Psychometrician who will contribute through advanced knowledge, skills and expertise in educational measurement, psychometrics and statistical modeling to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. This is a remote position.
ACT is looking for someone to join our Research team with a specialization in psychometrics and measurement0. The Psychometrics Research teams has as a mission to provide exceptional psychometric excellence to our flagship products and to lead the research, design, and development of next generation assessments that facilitate adaptability and personalization by leveraging digital technologies, new measurement models, and digital data sources.
The level at which this position will be filled is determined by the qualifications of the finalist.
What you will be working on:
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Leads the work and development of innovative, collaborative and dynamic cross-functional teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Establishes policy and approach for how work is accomplished
- Develops, builds, designs, or improves program elements that are utilized by others to accomplish goals
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends and/or implements solutions/best practices
- Solves highly complex problems; takes a broad approach to developing solutions, process improvement and improving efficiencies.
- Works with research team members to ensure that design and execution of research plans support, reflect, and advance the overall research agenda and organizational strategy as well as integrate across the area
- Consult on customer RFP's and contracts and represent Research by providing primary support for communicating current and potential capabilities and level of effort required to develop standard and non-standard solutions for securing new and existing business opportunities.
Senior Psychometrician level
- Advanced knowledge of educational measurement, psychometrics (computer adaptive), and statistical modeling (knowledge with Bayesian statistics preferred)
- Expertise in developing and leading research projects and effectively communicating technical issues to audiences with different knowledge backgrounds
- Developed skills and extensive experience in consulting
- Proven leadership skills in project management (including prioritization and management of multiple complex projects), collaboration and quality assurance
- Ability to independently develop strategies to solve problems or consult on problems arising from testing programs or corporate management concerns
- Experience in developing proposal responses for state assessment programs
- Experience in applying measurement theories in support of field testing, test construction, scaling, equating and calibration practices
- Experience working with external customers and Technical Advisory Committees
- Self-motivated and self-driven
- Strong innovative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and navigate ambiguity and to be successful in a fast-paced Lean Agile environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience working with IRT software from commercial packages (such as BILOGMG, FlexMIRT, MULTILOG, Winsteps), or from R packages
- Solid computer programming skills in R, SAS, or Python
- Doctoral degree in educational measurement, psychometrics, statistics or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
requires 5 years relevant experience in research, measurement and/or psychometrics Lead Psychometrician level
requires 7 years relevant experience in research, measurement and/or psychometrics Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a well-established ACT business unit and be part of a hard-working and supportive team working from across the US or at the ACT Headquarters in Iowa City. About ACT
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry-helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!
This job has expired.