What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we pride ourselves for knowing our customers and connecting with them better than any other company. We interact with our customers across more categories than any company in the world. The Senior Manager Customer Insights & Strategy is a thought leadership role that offers you the opportunity to utilize your market research and data analytics skills to bring the objective voice of the customer to Walmart+, a top company priority. In this role, you'll be a key contributor to the end-to-end knowledge, analysis, and action-driving insights to enhance the W+ value proposition, grow and retain the membership base, and build deeper engagement with our customers.
About Walmart Marketing
Named Ad Age's Marketer of the Year in 2022, you'll join an internationally recognized team of thinkers, creators, and problem solvers passionate about helping people save money and live better.
Walmart Marketing is a dynamic, multidimensional organization dedicated to redefining how the world shops through impactful creative and fast-paced innovation - all grounded in customer insights and brand strategy. We live out our company values each day while striving to exceed customer expectations and drive growth for the company.
We orchestrate marketing campaigns and experiences that reach millions of daily shoppers. Our work spans the digital and physical spaces and combines the work of numerous internal teams and external advertising and media agencies. Our teams work together to show our customers how they can save money and live better. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Marketing role at Walmart could be what you've been looking for.
What you will do:
This Senior Manager of Customer Insights and Strategy is well suited for you if you:
- As the Senior Manager, you will own the Walmart+ brand health tracker and quarterly presentations to the business. Leverage multiple internal resources such as Walmart's Voice of the Customer platform to provide informed recommendations.
- Following new membership benefit or feature launches, leverage your consultative experience and thought leadership skills to identify, plan and prioritize primary research for potential optimizations
- Work closely with the broader W+ CIS analytics and data science teams to identify key customer behaviors and leverage your research skills to deep dive into the whys and psychology of those behaviors
- Partner closely with the W+ marketing teams, supporting their research needs across upper funnel, acquisition, and retention.
- Support the business's limited-time offer and partnership strategy with consumer research.
- Independently lead multiple research projects (Qualitative and Quantitative) simultaneously to meet business needs across functions.
- Have 5-8 years of customer insights experience, preferably with a blend of analytics and market research skills, including a passion for innovative techniques and methods
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and story-telling skills
- Possess an agile, curious, and self- motivated mindset which translates into a desire for continuous improvement
- Have excellent leadership, problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Can work effectively within a matrixed functional organization in partnership with both internal and external business partners
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and 3 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field OR 5 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Business AdministrationPrimary Location...
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it's just part of the culture." - Shelby, Project AnalystAll the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.Frequently asked questions
This job has expired.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+