At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We are in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we are designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Mercer Health and Benefits is seeking candidates for the following position to support the Phoenix, AZ location. Open to candidates from Salt Lake City.
Senior Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to enhance your industry knowledge, communication skills, project management skills, and your consulting acumen
- The chance to work alongside some of the smartest people in the industry, pushing innovation and influencing outcomes for change
- Collaboration with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies' health and welfare programs
- You will be part of a company committed to enhancing the health, wealth, and careers of the clients we serve and their employees - and will work for a company equally invested in the development of our own people
- You can rest assured a high value is placed on diversity and we work to foster understanding, inclusion, and innovation in the workplace
- You will be doing meaningful, challenging work, and can look forward to a career with many opportunities to learn, grow, and advance
At Mercer, we are as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits program and resources that support your wellbeing and career development as well as:
We will count on you to:
- A great culture and fun atmosphere with a collaborative team
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people
- A culture of belonging, innovation, collaboration, internal mobility and extraordinary career opportunities through our four businesses: Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman, each consistently ranked the industry leader in their fields
- Competitive pay, full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution)
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and time to give back to your community; flexible work culture
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Opportunities to participate in our mentor programs and network with other colleagues in our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - Mercer Cares (community involvement), PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network!
What you need to have:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs.
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications including: proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams and subject matter experts, as well as develop relationships with clients
- Interact with carriers and vendors to gather quotes, negotiate, handle client service issues, and review plan documentation
What makes you stand out:
- 1-3 years of experience with health and benefits, and an understanding of health and welfare benefit plans
- Tech savvy - familiar with technology systems and aptitude to learn new systems
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
- Capacity to multitask, manage competing priorities with strong time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree
- Professionalism and self-awareness
- Strong interest and eagerness to learn the industry and business
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.