As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Senior Health and Welfare Benefits Consultant focuses on all areas of MGB's health benefits offered to our more than 80,000 employees. With oversight of the Health and Welfare Benefits Manager, the Senior Health and Welfare Benefits Consultant will help design, measure and manage health programs while constantly striving to innovate beyond traditional benefit solutions. You will work closely with your fellow colleagues on the Benefits Center of Excellence team as well as partner closely with HR Support Center. The individual will conduct projects with limited guidance and will informally managing the work product of Benefit Analysts.
The Senior Consultants in the Benefits COE have direct areas of responsibility, and also collaborate as part of a broader team of benefits experts to develop and refine our strategy, conduct analysis and monitor of benefit programs, as directed by the Health and Welfare Benefits Manager and Vice President of Benefits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Actively participate and coordinate activities for all health benefit processes, policies, programs and vendors.
• Support the annual open enrollment process.
• Manage complex escalations requiring interpretation of plan designs and contracts.
• Partner with HR Operations, as needed, to ensure effective and timely handling of Health and Welfare benefit operations (e.g., vendor file processing and bill payment process are accurate).
• Assist as needed with wellness and absent management benefit projects and activities.
• Manage ongoing market surveys and benchmarking analysis.
• Participate in cross functional teams related to strategic planning and process improvement.
• Influence new and existing design improvements with strategic vendor relationships and internal teams.
• Support financial analysis and actuarial calculations of self-insured medical and dental rates, in partnership with Finance and external consulting partners. Support ad hoc financial analysis related to benefit programs
• Execute on Retiree Drug Subsidy process.
• Act as resource for tax and executive compensation team on 990 reporting.
• Develop communication and market programs.
• Lead key cross-team projects by setting timelines, allocating tasks and reporting status to Health and Welfare manager.
• Review Health and Welfare benefit program communications for accuracy and effectiveness.
• Participate in the MGB Claims Committee which reviews and decides claims appeals.
• Support analysis of program performance, evaluating impact of potential program changes and building actionable business case to present to HR leadership.
• Manage implementation of plan design changes, in collaboration with HR Operations.
• Apply understanding of compliance topics to program work.
• Continuously seek information about industry, market, and regulations, to inform recommendations and business decisions.
• Actively contribute as a member of the Benefits COE on other projects as assigned.
• Lead through influence and collaboratively direct and evaluate the work of others.
• Develop, mentor and coach team members.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, learning, intellectual curiosity, and team camaraderie.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Six or more years of experience working with Employee Wellbeing initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Health Management or related field.
• Ten or more years of experience working with Employee Benefits in a large, complex organization with multiple stakeholders and decision makers.
• Familiarity with a data warehouse, preferably IBM.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
• Strong collaboration, communication skills and project management skills
• Combination of strategic thinking and action orientation; making incremental progress now, while staying focused on the long-term strategy is critical
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience
• Strong analytical capabilities, as well as experience interpreting the data and "telling a story"
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and Powerpoint
• Previous experience with PeopleSoft HR preferred
• Combination of strategic thinking and action orientation; making incremental progress now, while staying focused on the long-term strategy is critical.
• Ability to lead change management efforts while respecting the organization's culture.
• Strong collaboration, communication skills and project management skills.
• Demonstrable track record of effectively working in an ambiguous environment, and able to prioritize efforts and deliver results. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-changing environment.
• Strong analytical capabilities, as well as experience interpreting the data and "telling a story."
• Demonstrate superior organizational and project management skills, including the ability to work independently on projects of high complexity with minimal supervision. Track record of implementing innovative solutions.
• Team-oriented with the ability to build deep relationships and earn the respect of others.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak C-suite language).
• Ability to be assertive when working with external vendors.
• Must be proactive in identifying problems and swift in resolving them.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Posted 34 minutes ago
Posted 27 minutes ago
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Physician Associate (PA) - Atlanta, GA (40 Hours Weekly With Benefits and PTO)Healthstat, Inc
Posted 27 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!