Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Phoenix, Minneapolis, or D.C, or Atlanta office:
Senior Government Actuarial Consultant
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- Be a part of the team that leverages our knowledge and expertise to help states manage the challenges and complexities of the health care world
- Work alongside passionate, critical-thinking colleagues to assist government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services
- Be on the cutting edge of health care reform. We partner with states and the Federal government on implementing a wide variety of health care and human services issues, including actuarial, data/systems analysis, clinical, policy, pharmacy, operations, and procurement
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients
- As part of Mercer, the Government Human Services Consulting team offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
In this role you will be responsible for:
- On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits in addition to employee discounts and other ancillary benefits
- This position also offers 25 vacation days annually
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks, having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- Serve as lead or co-lead actuary on large and complex state managed health and welfare capitation projects. These capitation projects are commissioned by government entities to determine the rates that they will pay for health and welfare services covered by their plans
- In conjunction with the project leader, work with the client to define the scope of the project and serve as an expert on rate structure and methodology and ensure consistency with federal regulations and actuarial standards
- Provide actuarial oversight and guidance in developing the data model
- Develop the rate setting assumptions that are built into the data model and informs client and project team on impact of data assumptions and provide on-going review and guidance during the data analysis process
- Collaborate with client team and project team to finalize rates and educate client on the impact of their policies on the data and rates
- Draft project communications, including rate capitation letters and act as actuarial authority that signs and certifies rate capitation letters
What makes you ideal for the role?
- BA/BS degree
- Actuarial credentials (ASA or FSA, MAAA) required
- 8+ years of Health & Benefits or relevant actuarial experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees. Whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
This job has expired.