At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. We are leaders in science and medicine, pushing the boundaries of what is possible every day.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life-changing medicine.
Oncology Business Unit (OBU) - Medical ensures the best patient outcomes by providing healthcare decision-makers around the world with the evidence and confidence they need on AstraZeneca therapies and supports our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. OBU-Medical provides medical leadership with market participation and connectivity while also impacting the life cycle planning and execution of all our products. OBU medical aims to lead AstraZeneca in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
This position can feasibly be worked from either Gaithersburg, MD corporate site or from Cambridge, UK. Only in-country relocation will be provided at this time to either site.
AstraZeneca is looking for a Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader in the global targeted therapies Lung team. In this role, you will be responsible for medical affairs-led and externally sponsored studies, reporting directly to the Head of Evidence Generation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support design and execution of medical affairs-led clinical trials as aligned to strategy
- Review concepts, proposals, protocols and amendments for externally sponsored research studies within established timelines to assure alignment to evidence generation strategy and adherence to product-specific clinical and safety parameters.
- Liaise with cross-functional study teams on planning, study design and data interpretation efforts for real-world, company-sponsored and collaborative research studies
- Oversee global early access programs in collaboration with operational teams, including protocol, patient access form and informed consent development, review of local early access protocols, training of local medical reviewers, program set-up and deviation reviews.
- Pro-active member of the Global Medical Team (GMT) to ensure that regional/country needs are appropriately accommodated and that local insights are captured as data gaps and reflected in the global evidence strategy
- Collaborate with the publications team and provide medical review of materials related to assigned studies
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external experts, research partners and investigators
- Cultivate relationships with internal cross-functional colleagues
- Ensure compliance with all AZ corporate policies
- Medical Doctor, PharmD, or PhD in Life Sciences or relevant area of study
- 2+ years of experience in a clinical role
- Current experience in medical affairs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a highly matrixed environment
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Shows initiative, innovation and strategic thinking
- Board Certification, experience/certification in oncology/hematology
- Current or previous Clinical experience in thoracic oncology
- Relevant work experience in Oncology Medical Affairs
- Experience developing and/or launching a new pharmaceutical product
- Broad cross-functional pharmaceutical experience
- Local Market experience
- Contextual understanding of drug development
- Ability to interact productively with both commercial and scientific colleagues
- Willingness to travel internationally
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.