There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
Are you looking to be a part of a hardworking, passionate team that values innovation, creativity, and speed?
There has never been a better time to work for General Motors!
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed, and business value.
About the Role:
A Senior Digital EV Commerce IT Software Engineer delivering innovative design and outstanding code with maintainable unit and integration tests. Our developers work in agile, multi-functional, collaborative environments. All team members demonstrate GM's Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion.
Our Senior Software Engineers are creative problem solvers involved in close interaction with the entire CORE scrum team, development team leaders, business team members and other members of the extended IT development team. Our role will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver new systems and improvements. There will be ample opportunities to expand on your technical experience, with extensive exposure to the GM business teams and processes. Senior Software Engineers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solutions that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to improve our application portfolio while maintaining their continuous availability.
Applicants should have strong core coding skills and some additional technical skills and proven track record with:
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with Full stack code delivery throughout the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Agile Development Techniques
- Object Oriented analysis and design
- Database experience with a Relational Database Management Systems (Postgres, SQL, Oracle, or similar)
- Modern development patterns and platforms (Microservices, Web Services (REST), Containers, Cloud Native)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer on an Agile development team and solid understanding of:
- Development methodologies (Reusable Code, Code Review, Unit Testing)
- Source control software (Git or TFS).
- CI/CD Technologies and build pipelines
7+ years of experience with some or all of the following tools would be a plus
- IDE including Eclipse and IntelliJ
- AngularJS or ReactJS, Docker
- Frameworks like SpringBoot, Quarkus
- Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python
- Junit, MSUnit
- Azure DevOps and build and release pipelines
- Jenkins, Artifactory, Black Duck, SonarQube, Kafka, HashiCorp, Pulsar
- Tanzu Cloud Foundry (PCF), Weblogic, WebSphere, Kubernetes
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.