We are looking for a highly driven and talented Firmware Engineer to join our sequencing instrument development team.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will collaborate with scientists and engineers to create software for manufacturing, servicing, and running a DNA sequencing machine.
- Be a problem solver
- Be a contributor to firmware development for the sequencing instrument, including the maintenance and improvement of the existing code base.
- Provide guidance to other engineers facing challenging design decisions
- Help refine the tools and processes to make the project a success
- Work directly with scientists and engineers to make sure we are solving the problems the right way
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical/Firmware Engineering or significant experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with C++, C, python and embedded systems development
- Experience with developing firmware/software for hardware systems
- Experience with IAR or other embedded system IDE's.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing quality patterns and practices (continuous integration, static analysis, integrated testing)
- Proficient with source control management and configuration management practices
- Good understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Demonstrated success in collaborating in a fast-paced team environment and delivering high-quality software products using established agile development methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Candidate should be familiar with development of embedded code using a Windows-based IDE
- Some experience in Linux based environments and comfortable with command line tools
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner, and ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical skills to effectively review and analyze technical problems
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
$124,500.00 - $168,500.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
- Equal Opportunity Employment