Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Our Forensic practice investigate problems in the built environment and provide evidence-based solutions founded on rigorous science and physics. We assist attorneys, property managers, building owners, contractors, manufacturers and design professionals with a wide range of engineering and architectural issues.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Forensic Structural Engineer with interests in structural forensic investigation, litigation support, risk loss consulting, structural repair, and retrofit design. This individual will be expected to execute structural investigations of existing buildings and to design remedial repairs for deficient conditions. The investigations include failure cause and origin analysis, life cycle cost and feasibility analyses, risk loss insurance and claims response, and litigation support. The candidate will be required to provide direction to, and review the work product of, junior level staff, coordinate with other project managers on interdisciplinary efforts, support marketing efforts, and develop and maintain client relationships.
• Assist with damage assessment and cause and origin investigations
• Experience in building envelope assessments (moisture infiltration, façade, roofing)
• Perform required calculations and design
• Prepare field notes, feasibility studies, cost analyses, and specifications
• Work with a multi-discipline team of design professionals
• Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare materials related to presentations
• Interface with clients and attend meetings
• Assist in the preparation of proposals
• Market engineering services and develop business for mechanical engineering
• Assist with the growth and development of the mechanical engineering practice
• Degree (Master's preferred) in structural engineering or related field
• Professional Engineer's License preferred.
• Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
(US Locations Only) In our culture of collaboration and innovation, we find we do our best work when we are together while minimizing the risks of COVID-19. For new hires at Thornton Tomasetti, we require COVID-19 vaccination to the extent allowed by access and permitted by government jurisdiction in your area and barring any religious or medically approved exemption.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!