The Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD) Diagnostics group is looking for a senior level software engineer to help build the next generation of veterinarian diagnostics analyzer instruments and ecosystem for companion and livestock animals around the world. The VMRD Diagnostics software team is responsible for the development of analyzer instrument firmware and software supporting the latest technology and practices. This includes a cloud connected architecture which will support an entire portfolio of products used by customers around the world in an expanding and dynamic market. The software engineer will serve as a key member of the team and must be motivated, self-driven and carry out the following responsibilities.
- Actively participate in development and launch of software of impeccable quality for diagnostic instruments
- Actively participate in design, development and deployment of software for embedded systems and ecosystem including development infrastructure and cloud connectivity
- Assist in software requirements elicitation and systems analysis
- Assist with system integration, build and release activities
- Develop and validate embedded software that interfaces with customer-facing front end as well as external applications.
- Collaboration with development teams to ensure consistency with design principles, good development practices, and team processes and procedures.
- Adapt when changes in the business environment dictate changes in priorities to meet the customer needs.
- Interact extensively with counterparts on cross-functional project teams, including Zoetis Commerical Development, Product Management, Global Manufacturing and Supply, and Information Services to ensure aligment of diagnostic R&D software development and release strategy with internal and external requirements, and to ensure that the delivered products will meet customer needs and drive value for Zoetis.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience developing commercial software for embedded devices. Product development experience for medical device is a big plus.
- Proficient with all phases of the software development lifecycle: Design, Development, Testing, Deployment, and Maintenance.
- A documented track record of successfully launching software driven devices.
- Demonstrated experience in core embedded development from bare metal, RTOS and embedded Linux environment.
- Extensive experience in developing Linux based embedded systems. Experience in Linux network stack, security, GUI, and application development is a big plus
- Experience in embedded and internet security is a big plus
- Experience in embedded real-time software applications with math, numerical analysis and algorithm development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with (but not limited to) C, C++, and Python
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and OO programming
- Extensive experience creating, presenting, and refining clear, compelling technical specifications from top-level system architecture documents down to low-level implementation guides and test plans
- Experience in Linux build, packaging, and release. Yocto experience is a big plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, including negotiating, decision by consensus and problem solving.
- Core expertise in the following areas of Embedded Linux is a huge plus - Networking Stack support with cloud connectivity, provisioning and security (TLS, PKI, etc.), IoT Cloud connectivity (Azure IoT preferred), System startup/boot code.
- Experience with an Agile methodology of software development.
- Experience or working knowledge of applying FDA design control requirements (21 CFR 820.30), ISO 13485, ISO 14971, Cybersecurity, IEC 60601-1 & collateral standards, EMC, CE, HIPAA, IVD, CLIA regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in working as part of a geographically dispersed team.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.