This is a Hybrid position within our IT/CCA Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week. Relocation may be provided.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
This is a unique opportunity to join a multi-disciplined team of experienced individuals who will be driving the opportunity identification and solution design, development, and deployment of advanced data integration solutions across the Product Development and Quality domain.
Senior Data Modeler, you will work in our Data Services team supporting several initiatives and establish best practices and standards for data model development, influence data modeling decisions for data integration and analytics solutions. You will create and maintain data model standards, design complex and efficient data models to support Global Product Data Hub enhancements, support teams for complex development and cross-platform data integration. As a Senior Data Modeler you will be working side by side with other data engineers, product owners, architects and cross functional teams, making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable data solutions.
Additional Job DescriptionExperience/Preferred Skills Required:
- Creates and maintains conceptual, logical, and physical data models using established enterprise tools and best practices
- Analyzes functional and non-functional business requirements and translates into technical data requirements and create or update existing logical and physical data models
- Facilitates data modeling sessions ranging from information gathering to model validation and Interact with all levels of the organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner. Conducts Business Requirements Analysis and educates the various project teams on the proper usage of data structures. Participates in data model reviews and ensures the models comply with the company standards and policies.
- Expertise in the design of Relational data structures along with data warehouses, data marts, and data mining
- Understands methodologies and technologies that depict the flow of data within and between technology systems and business functions/operations
- Is responsible for the identification and resolution of information flow, content issues, and the transformation of business requirements into logical data models. Identifies opportunities to reduce data redundancy, trends in data use, and single sources of data.
- Responsible for maintaining and generating design documents such as logical and physical data models, data dictionaries, etc.
- Supports Production Operations as necessary
- Supports defining data management standards, best practices, and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and 7+ years of Data Modeling experience..
- Proven track record of experience in data modeling and evaluating data from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level data into details as well as taking details and bringing to a higher level for general communication. Experience with data profiling, cleansing, and conforming rules.
- Strong working experience in interpreting business information requirements to create new and update existing Conceptual, Logical, Physical (both dimensional and relational) data models in OLTP, ODS / OLAP (data warehouse), and integration environments.
- Strong working experience with Erwin Data Modeler tool.
- Experience creating SQL queries to perform data profiling and determine cleansing and conforming requirements without tools mandatory.
- Experience in ETL, Data Warehousing, ODS Data Marts, and performance tuning methods.
- Knowledge of emerging modeling techniques and experience in physical data modeling for relational and NoSQL/unstructured databases .
- Ability to communicate with others in a diverse business and IT environment from both cultural and experience aspects. Should have good communication and writing skills.
- Strong experience with Oracle, SqlServer, Postgres databases is preferred.
- Experience Python/Unix Scripting and Data Stage ETL tool is big plus.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.