If you seek more than just a job -- check us out!
Family Service Association (FSA)
This position will be based in Yucca Valley, CA. Full-Time.
Family Service Association (FSA) is a large non-profit social service organization. We have over 25 locations through Riverside and San Bernardino counties. For more than 65 years, FSA has been positively transforming lives. We are one of the most passionate,mission-driven places you will find. Our teams are passionate about providing child development services, senior nutrition services, counseling and others. As a living, growing and evolving organization, our team of over 300 employees and hundreds of volunteers are people-focused and people-powered.
This is more than a job -- it is a calling -- a purpose. We strive to be a "best place to work." Our employees are part of a thriving organizational culture that rewards our employees with competitive compensation, company-paid health insurance, dental and vision plans, 403(b) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and other benefits.
We deeply value our employees. Our full-time, eligible employees receive:
- Competitive wages and salaries;
- Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Plans;
- Employer-sponsored retirement savings plan;
- Paid time-off and paid sick leave;
- Opportunities to receive gift cards; and
- Company-sponsored social events.
FSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a force of healing and hope for individuals, families and communities and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.EEO
Key Responsibilities of Position
- The Senior Cook is responsible for the entire site operations. This individual manages the daily preparation of meals for our nutrition sites in a variety of locations and cooking requirements ranging from: cooking in sites that prepare the meal with entrees delivered from a central kitchen and the menu "side" items are prepared and assembled on-site, to our central kitchens where we prepare a high volume of meals for distribution to multiple locations
- Reads menus, estimate needs for each meal and ensures that adequate supplies are available prior to meal preparation.
- Obtains supplies from storerooms and freezer, ensures that items are prepared, cooked, and served in accordance with nutritional standards as required.
- Accurately prepares weekly inventory/ completes orders per menu
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of site kitchen and/or congregate dining area according to Agency, program, Department of Health, Cal/OSHA, HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control points) standards at a minimum
- Maintains nutrition records according to Agency and program requirements
- Contributes to the training of FSA employees
- Training, supervision, and documentation of volunteer site participation with the program.
- Responsible for food preparation and serving for our congregate and home-delivered program.
- Assists in the Agency CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) process as needed to improve department success
- Retains all records and reports required by program and funding source to be maintained by the Agency in an organized and secured location, following HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) policies/procedures for client confidentiality
- Work Site may vary based on needs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2+ years of cooking experience in the food service industry.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience in the food industry
- Current Food Handlers Permit
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate on Mircosoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The ability to read and write English to communicate at the level required for successful job performance.
- Must obtain the following certifications within 90 days of hire and maintain throughout employment at FSA - Food Safety Managers Certification & First Aid and CPR.
Qualities and Traits
- Ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job performance.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds at least a distance of 10 feet.
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional andrespectful manner.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population and Agency workforce in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Background Fingerprint Clearance
- CA Driver's License and Proof of Automobile Insurance.
- Current and Clean DMV Print Out report
- Physical Exam and Lift Test Clearance
- Drug Test Clearance
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role and you can see yourself contributing to FSA's important mission, please apply here: https://www.fsaca.org/jobs
Give your passion a purpose. Be part of our dedicated and amazing team. We look forward to hearing from you.