Senior Business Solutions Engineer - ENG001508
Please Note: This role can be based in either Urbandale - IA, Knoxville, TN or Schaumburg, IL
This position is largely a customer facing role, requiring a highly consultative approach to technology and UScellular's Internet Of Things (IoT), Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and business solution offerings. This role is the specialist (SME) for IoT/M2M implementation technologies. This IoT/M2M role will be responsible for providing technical solution analysis, introduction of current design options, feasibility study, best fit options, analysis and low-level design for ongoing support. Daily activities included pre-sales support and solution acceptance support. The position will have strong collaborative partnerships with Sales, Marketing, Architecture and Systems Engineering!
- Establishing and maintaining trusted technical advisory relationships with customers to solution, engineer, close and deliver completed IoT/M2M solution and identify changes needed in the customer-servicing infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals.
- Analyzes network & system response and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Handle effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for customer-servicing IoT infrastructure-related implementations.
- Develops Low Level Design Docs for each custom partnership for acceptance and ongoing support and engineering guides for LLD solutions. Implements and delivers on closed IOT/M2M business solutions.
- Leads and operates the IoT/M2M infrastructure through issues resolution and changes. Leads development of full test plans and performs full lab and integration testing on all business solutions. Leads and develops plans for UScellular's customer product certification.
- Acts in a project management role for delivering on a customer IoT/M2M solution. Interacts with Sales and Marketing to architect network or system solutions for our customer-servicing IoT/M2M infrastructure.
- Develops network and system performance tools and assists with integration of them into the existing infrastructure. Craft an effective test plan for any new or changed IoT/M2M infrastructure. Assist in identifying process improvement areas and develop the improvement initiatives.
- Determines Key Performance Indicators and infrastructure standards. Research current industry technology to better facilitate vendor and partner communications. Actively finds opportunities for revenue growth and developing outstanding solutions. Evaluates new product/solutions for inclusion in our IoT/M2M customer-servicing network.
- Assembles multi-functional workgroups of key stake holders to provide the direction of Customer Solution!
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent work or military experience. Minimum 6 years relevant meaningful work experience in implementing M2M/IoT solutions and or/demonstrating extensive knowledge of IoT and M2M technologies and supporting infrastructure.
Understanding of the relevant IP, Routing, Networking & 4G technologies as well as of the business and IoT M2M industry. Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of customers and leadership. Excellent communication skills written and verbal. Experience re-engineering/process improvement.
Strong project management experience. Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools. Ability to build/define metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation. Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment:
- Cisco Hardware: Cisco 2900, CRS, Nexus, ASR1K
- Other Network Hardware: Juniper firewalls, Juniper Routers
- Transport Protocols: MPLS, IPSEC, GRE Tunneling, L2TP, Radius, LNS
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, 802.1Q, QoS, Multicast
- Routing Protocols: BGP, L2 and L3 VPN
- Network Applications: CiscoWorks, Cisco WAN Manager, Monitoring tools (ie Openview, Netcool), Performance monitoring tools (ie MRTG, Infovista), CiscoSecure, IP management tools, DNS
- Core Network Technologies: 3G (1X/EVDO) and 4G (LTE), IP Subnet Management for Dynamic and Static
- Business Applications: Remedy Ticketing, Citrix
- O/S and Software: Windows XP, Solaris, BSD, SSH, VPN Client
Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise is helpful.Job
: Engineering Location(s)
: Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN, Iowa-URBANDALE_IA
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
This job has expired.