Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio of prescription medicines, aesthetics solutions and consumer care products. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin. For more information, please visit www.galderma.com
The Senior Business Analyst, Commercial Analytics, Business Intelligence position will use analytical, financial and quantitative methods to understand, predict & measure customer behavior, POS sales and digital/social media assets. This position will be responsible for assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying opportunities, and developing recommendations to support critical business decisions, and work closely with the operational team and business leaders.
- Coordinates with all levels of Sales and Marketing teams as well as vendors to gather, analyze, summarize, prepare and present recommendations and solutions regarding sales results, business plans, trended future requirements and profitability improvement strategies
- Collaborates with demand planning and finance teams to produce demand forecasting and promotional ROI tracking reports to assist in the monthly business planning process
- Uses various predictive analytics techniques to analyze current and historical data to predict future events by identifying patterns and trends in the data
- Compiles, validates, analyzes, translates and presents performance-tracking information, from various datasets including digital and social media tracking data
- Provides insight to Sales and Marketing personnel on market and organizational trends that will support brand performance; supports Sales and Marketing objectives to help the organization develop, implement and meet its strategic goals
- Compiles and coordinates use of in-house and vendor provided sales & marketing databases; Develops and analyzes internal and external data and reports that serve the needs of Sales and Marketing; tracks and documents progress of Sales and Marketing programs based on research results
- Evaluates front-end and back-end promotions and analyzes customer purchasing patterns
- Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures
- Leads and supports team members with more complicated analysis interpretations
- Collaborates with all internal teams to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and workflow improvement/automation
- Other duties as assigned
Other Important Information
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field required
- Master's degree (MA/MS/MBA) preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in demand planning/forecasting, marketing mix/analytics and/or digital media analytics required
- CPG manufacturer experience required with a strong understanding of demand planning and digital media analytics; pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with IRI/Nielsen syndicated POS data, required
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with Consumer Panel data and a thorough understanding of the panel metrics, required
- Experience using SQL and working with RDBMS, required
- SAS/R, and/or Python experience preferred
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting large data sets (1MM + records) and drawing conclusions in order to make strategic recommendations
- Advanced proficiency in Excel techniques and statistical analysis
- Proficiency in Tableau and/or Power BI reporting platforms preferred
- Ability to define abstract requests and problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with limited direction
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly evolving workplace
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, teamwork abilities, and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
This job has expired.
- Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Climb stairs or ride elevators.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
- Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
- Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
- Overnight travel is required for this position. Travel is estimated at 15%.