Looking for Medicare Pricing experience
This position is responsible for supporting the Company's actuarial functions. The core actuarial functions include pricing, reserving, reinsurance analysis, and forecasting. Additional responsibilities include management reporting, competitor analysis, strategy support, financial data calls, and other ad hoc projects.
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Actuarial Analyst
- Gather, analyze and present data in a format appropriate for pricing, loss reserving, product development, reinsurance and other financial analysis. Make recommendations and present data to appropriate personnel.
- Assist in compilation of rate reviews including calculation of trends and rate indications.
- Develop and refine reports for management of pricing, loss reserving, and forecasting.
- Update premium and loss projections.
- Completion of quarterly dividend and retro premium accruals.
- Update tables and formulas in large account pricing workbook.
- Compile rate pages and rate filing support.
- Gather and report out on industry financial data.
- Support the maintenance of the catastrophic claim inventory including underlying assumptions and models.
- Support various reinsurance functions.
- Provide support for the quarterly loss reserve analysis.
- Assist with the calculation of reinsurance recoverable.
- Assist with monthly scorecard reporting.
- Compile data submissions for reinsurance pricing and external auditors. Perform other ad hoc projects as required.
- Perform ad hoc pricing, reserving, and forecasting studies.
- Assist with the updating of experience reports.
- Exercise discretion when communicating outside of department.
- Maintain confidentiality of information processed as appropriate.
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Provide oversight to the premium and loss projection process. Work with Operating Units on underlying assumptions and create appropriate documentation. Review projection files to ensure accuracy. Communicate results to Finance.
- Act as liaison for the Actuarial department when working with other departments such as Information Services, Corporate Claims, and Corporate Underwriting.
- Perform quarterly reserve analyses. Identify loss trends and investigate underlying drivers.
- Maintain and update Large Account Pricing Workbook.
- Participate in annual planning process by assisting Brands with strategy and identifying areas for improvement.
- Perform ad hoc pricing and reserving projects with little direction.
- Perform various projects with regard to reinsurance and catastrophe modeling.
- Work with the Brands on deployment of underwriting predictive models.
- Represent Actuarial on various corporate projects.
- Work with outside actuaries and/or consultants on various projects.
- Mentoring and training of Actuarial Interns and Actuarial Analysts.
- Lead the development of new reports and tools for the department.
- Assist in various reinsurance studies including pricing and commutation studies.
- Assist with Capital Model maintenance.
- Support the Capital Management Committee on its various tasks.
- Development and maintenance of risk adjusted performance metrics.
Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field is required. Successful completion of one SOA examinations required. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. Additional Education for Senior Actuarial Analyst
A minimum of four SOA examinations successfully completed is required, five is preferred. EXPERIENCE:
With proper education credentials, no experience is required; however actuarial experience is preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
Additional SKA for Actuarial Analyst II
- Knowledge of actuarial principles and practices, underwriting and claims practices preferred.
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics with the ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to apply the principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, identify trends and draw conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate actuarial concepts and conclusions to non-actuaries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and preferably Microsoft Access.
- Competent and comfortable learning and working with new software.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Additional SKA for Sr. Actuarial Analyst
- Comfortable leading meetings and facilitating discussion.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish workflows, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Knowledge of actuarial principles and practices, underwriting and marketing guidelines and claims practices.
- Ability to perform actuarial and statistical analyses.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access. Knowledge of ResQ, MetaRisk and @ Risk preferred, but not required.
- Some SQL and Visual Basic knowledge preferred.
- Some knowledge of GAAP and SAP accounting.
- Ability to create financial and actuarial models with little direction.
- Ability to facilitate decisions in meetings.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SAP accounting, including FASB accounting standards.
- Ability to establish a personal rapport with opposing parties and to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Presentation skills and confidence to present company and product in one-on-one settings or in small groups.
- Comprehends the consequences of various problem situations.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Minimal travel required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.