There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Scrum master is responsible for guiding and supporting an agile team of software engineers working to an agile methodology, delivering business critical projects.
Reporting to the Software Delivery Manager, this will be a key role within our agile project management team working in a highly collaborative manner with team members and all project stakeholders. As the Scrum Master, you will be responsible for leading, coaching and motivating a team of software engineers on a daily basis. This role requires excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Agile Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Lead, inspire and motivate a team of software engineers in the creation of high-quality software to agreed project deadlines.
- Actively promote an agile and devops mindset and a positive working environment for the team.
- Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban) values, practices and rules.
- Drive and support the adoption of new agile process tools and techniques within your team.
- Use a servant leadership style to support the team, responding to issues and removing impediments.
- Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
- Work closely and listen to team members' feedback to identify issues and resolve conflicts.
- Train and mentor new team members around agile processes and developing an agile mindset.
- Coach team on constructing industry standards story constructs that support delivery cadence disciplines and includes appropriate acceptance criteria and definitions of done
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner (PO), Business Analyst (BA) and Technical Team Lead (TTL) to ensure a well groomed backlog of requirements is available for the team.
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially around the grooming and maintenance of Product Backlogs.
- Responsible for accurate status reporting of performance of sprints and projects.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team based release planning.
- Work with the team to define sprint goals and work closely with the team to ensure delivery of sprint goals and team commitments.
- Play a key role in facilitating realistic estimates of delivery effort to assist with team planning.
- Assume a high level of ownership for the agile processes adopted within your team.
- Ability to clearly communicate in all forms including email, phone, documents and in person.
- B.Sc/B.Eng or greater in a computing, engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in agile project management, leading a software development team that was applying agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Proven experience developing an agile mindset in yourself and others.
- In-depth knowledge of agile estimation and planning techniques.
- Proven experience in recognising issues, risks and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Experience in working with external customers (Product Owners), strong stakeholder management and communication skills are vital.
- Team player that has the ability to work with individuals at all levels in an organisation.
- The ability to build trust and openness in interactions within and outside the team.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.