A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma the Scientist Iwill support the SMC™ Single-plex Assay Development Team. He/she will be working independently to develop immunoassays for use on MilliporeSigma SMC™ Immunoassay platform. This is a high-visibility, hands-on bench laboratory position that includes designing and performing experiments, analyzing resultant data, writing reports, and presenting results to peers within MilliporeSigma, academic partners, or corporate partners. Tasks will include, but are not limited to: assay feasibility, assay development, optimization, reagent formulation, guard band and stability studies, sample testing, verification and validation studies.
- Follow established assay development standard operating procedures (SOPs) in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Analysis of human specimens (serum, plasma, CSF, tissue lysates, etc.) for specific analytes using SMC™ or other immunoassay.
- Plan and execute experiments that support investigations into new biomarker assays, including understanding potential interfering proteins and sourcing appropriate antibodies & reagents.
- Critically analyze, summarize and report data generated from experiments, draw conclusions from experimental results, recommend and execute follow-up actions with consideration of prior experimental findings (self and others) with minimal supervision. Propose new investigations based on experimental findings.
- Present data at Team meetings or to small focus groups that may include representatives from other departments and/or outside parties. Participate in and may lead brainstorming and troubleshooting sessions. May represent the Company in external relationships including communications with instrument manufacturers, suppliers of critical components, potential partners and evaluation sites.
- Facilitate the transfer of developed assays to Manufacturing, including involvement in the completion and release of enabling documentation for newly developed assays by ensuring all relevant technical information is incorporated into the appropriate documents.
- Maintain familiarity with current technology related information, literature and theories. Demonstrate scientific creativity and understanding of the principles, requirements and practices of immunoassay development. Conduct project related information searches, literature searches, and may be involved in review for project specifications and initiation. Contribute to scientific publications, posters and conferences, when appropriate
This position may include work during non-standard hours; for example, second shift, some weekends as needed to meet deadlines.Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry or other related Science Discipline with 3+ years' experience with immunoassay development and assay validation for biomarker assays or bioanalytical analysis, with experience in at least one of the following assay formats: magnetic particle (e.g., MilliporeSigma Erenna® or Luminex platform), ECL, or ELISA or a Master's degree in Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry or other related Biological Sciences discipline.
- PhD with 3+ years' experience, Master's degree with 7+ years' experience or Bachelor's degree with 10+ years' industry experience in a regulated environment (In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) immunoassay development experience)
- Experience with RT-PCR
- Experience with Gate Review Product Development Process from Assay Development to Manufacturing/Operations desired
- Proven success in pre-clinical / clinical immunoassay development
- Demonstrated understanding of Oncology, Cardio & Metabolic Disease
- Working knowledge of statistics, Design of Experimentation (DOE), etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand, prepare, and communicate technical scientific information to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and ability to work independently
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 223506
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.