Scientist - Early Stage Formulation Sciences
Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
The Biopharmaceutical Development (BPD) group is a multi-disciplinary scientific function providing expertise in Process/Analytical/Formulation/Device Development and Characterization with integrated Bioprocess Engineering, Clinical Manufacturing, and Supply Chain and Logistics operations. The group is also responsible for transferring the processes to different clinical and commercial sites in and outside the AstraZeneca organization. BPD group is present in multiple sites in US and UK.
This position is in Early Stage Formulation Sciences within BPD, responsible for designing and developing formulation and Drug Product presentations from pre-clinical through Phase 3 clinical trials and in support of commercialization.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Perform research in state-of-the-art laboratories that are focused on formulation and process development of biologics
- Evaluate protein formulation development, characterization and stability testing
- Develop and apply computational techniques to guide experimental data analysis and predictive models for protein developability properties.
- Make in-depth experimental observations, analyze and interpret experimental results, present scientific data to internal and external audiences
- May represent formulation function on Drug Product and CMC teams
- Authoring of complex reports and CMC sections of regulatory filings
M.S. in Chemical/biochemical engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field with 0+ years of relevant experienceRequired Skills:
- Experience in programming languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Knowledge of antibody and/or general protein sequence and structural analysis
- Experience with formulation development, biophysical characterization and stability testing of proteins
- Science oriented, highly motivated self-starter with drive to succeed
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership qualities, and ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments and statistical principles.
- Experience developing and applying machine learning algorithms
- Experience with cloud computing and virtual server applications
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and as a team member within a matrix environment.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.