Scientist, Cancer Biology (Antibody Drug Conjugates) - Oncology R&D
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, US
Are you a highly motivated Scientist with a strong background in laboratory science and a passion for making a difference?
At AstraZeneca Oncology, we are not afraid to do things differently, Our vision is to push the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine, transform the lives of patients living with cancer, and to ultimately eliminate cancer as a cause of death. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers.
To support this vision, we are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our Haematology ADC Portfolio group supporting the Tumor Target Delivery team within the Early Oncology Discovery group at AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD USA.
A successful candidate will have a consistent track record of scientific excellence in one or more of these areas: haematology, cancer biology, immunology, or cell biology.
As a Scientist, this role provides the opportunity to be a key member of a team focused on driving projects from portfolio to pipeline. Using your theoretical and practical expertise, you will establish assay systems, implement experiments, and deliver datasets that will have direct impact on AZ drug discovery!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in this laboratory-based position within Oncology Research you will develop, design, conduct and analyze in vitro experiments and contribute to drug discovery in preclinical setting and dissect the mechanism of action of novel cancer therapeutics.
- You will be encouraged to support cross-functional teams and work collaboratively with project leaders to ensure the timely generation, organization, and dissemination of critical program data, and to contribute to scientific publication goals.
- As a highly organized, self-motivated individual with a strong background in laboratory science you will stay up to date with relevant technical and intellectual scientific expertise in tumor biology, pharmacology, immunology and cancer modelling and have a genuine passion for this field of research.
- BS with 3+ yrs exp, or MS with 1+ yr exp. BS/MS in Biology, Oncology, Pharmacology, Immunology or other related scientific subject area. PhD-holders are not suitable candidates for this position.
- Experience with molecular- and cell-based methodologies such as: tissue culture, multicolor flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA, qPCR, western blotting, co-immunoprecipitation and next-generation/single cell sequencing modalities.
- Works equally well independently and in collaboration to implement assigned experiments for target identification and validation in a manner consistent with project goals. Reports data in a clear and concise manner, with a comprehensive understanding of its implications within the overall context of drug discovery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and evidence of successful project delivery in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ensures one's own work, and the work of peers, is aligned with Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health, and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulations.
So, what's next?
- Prior experience in the biopharmaceutical industry preferable but not required.
- Prior experience in haematology based projects is a plus.
- Experience with liquid handlers and laboratory high-throughput automation viewed favourably.
- Familiarity with statistics and managing large datasets viewed favourably
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team, Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
If you are inspired by the possibilities, don't hesitate in submitting an application today or reach out to arrange a confidential discussion.Closing date : 5th August 2022
Competitive remuneration and flexible benefits applyWhere can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on InstagramWhy AstraZeneca?
We are a global biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD
The AstraZeneca Gaithersburg campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This green, sustainable, modern, vibrant scientific campus is where we host some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces. Newly designed, state of the art research spaces and open seating floor plans are just a couple of ways we work cross functionally and collaboratively.
The Gaithersburg campus also provides an award winning café, free garage parking with electric car charging stations, bike racks, free fitness center to include classed and personal training game rooms, outdoor patio, bocce ball court, arcade games and game tables, recharge Pod's, library, walking trails, onsite dry cleaning pickup, haircutting service, health and wellness center, starbucks café, and much more!AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
This job has expired.