Job ID: 416820
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
We are seeking an experienced SAP Basis Administrator to join our growing organization. In this position, you will lead in creating and implementing the technology blueprint for our SAP S4 HANA environment. This individual will have the opportunity to work closely with the SAP Development Architect and Functional SAP IT COE Architects to ensure solutions are successfully implemented. You will work with offshore technical resources from our implementation partner and with SAP to ensure a reliable, scalable, stable ERP to support global operations. You must follow best practices and align with company goals while creating better procedures and solutions to increase performance and revenue.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Partner closely with SAP to ensure environment service requests are understandable and prioritized appropriately.
- Administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning of all S4 HANA environments (Private Cloud Edition).
- Monitor the installation and perform upgrades for the various environments
- Coordinate teams on resolution of priority incidents
- Work with various Administrators to monitor and improve the performance of the instances
- Guide S4 environment planning based on program roadmap needs.
- Work closely with project teams during build, test and go-lives.
- Be the focal point for all S4 related activities in the Change Review Board.
- Follow change management practices, documentation, architecture and development methods for quality and adherence to software development lifecycle standards.
- Provide all aspects of technical support for SAP Basis Administration in proactive and reactive modes, to ensure that SAP systems perform at optimized level to meet or exceed SLAs.
- Analyze daily system health checks across all SAP landscapes and provide various proactive measures to reduce any Audit or security breaches including availability of SAP Applications.
- Setup and ensure that all security or SOX guidelines and policies are followed for the S4 instances.
- Participate in meetings to discuss process improvements and operational issues.
- Manage SAP application and infrastructure outages
- Perform transports of code from environment to environment
- Perform 24X7 on-call applications support responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to influence and drive activities across IT teams.
- Experience utilizing external benchmarking to drive improvements
- Collaborate with internal and vendor provided infrastructure teams (DBA, Storage, Backup, Linux)
- Ability to work independently and lead teams (near shore/off shore)
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience on SAP Basis
- 5+ years of HANA experience
- Minimum two end-to-end implementations and upgrades experience
- Installation and integration of 3rd party tools to S/4 systems
- Solution Manager Integration, SLD/LMDB/Agent deployment/Managed system preparation.
- SSO Configuration Setup/Support
- Experience working in large, complex, global SAP ECC or S4 HANA landscapes.
- Relevant experience working within a large, multifaceted organization, consisting of cross-functional teams.
- Project management or Agile/Scrum experience is preferred.
- Supporting & Managing SAP Private Cloud Environments
- SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform) experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Leadership ability required
- Must thrive in a team oriented, highly collaborative workplace
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize across multiple assignment and initiatives in a global setting
- Able to work with functional resources to clarify questions about designs and solutions
- Must be comfortable with providing direction and oversight to offshore and software vendor resources
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Demonstrates strong trouble shooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Work and Physical Requirements
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions Ability to effectively work alongside and communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business value through IT, balancing drive for continuous improvement with respect of local company culture and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment toward customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel (overnight) as required based on business needs up to 25%.
- Ability to drive up to 4 hours for onsite services and meetings.
- Must pass background check, alcohol and drug testing.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables.
- Normal office working conditions in addition to industrial plant sites and quarries, requiring the usage of personal protective equipment, e.g. hard hat, steel-toed boots, and safety glasses.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Testing, SAP, Cloud, Developer, Computer Science, Technology
This job has expired.