General Motors is hiring for Sales Intern for Summer 2022. Working for General Motors means leading the way for world-class vehicles and technology. We are seeking interns to work in multiple areas including: Chevrolet, Buick/GMC, Cadillac, Sales Operations, and our Fleet organization. The internship is a 12-week, project-based program intended to create long term value for the company. Upon completion of the internship, the student will present their work/project findings to an executive leadership team.
Additional Job Description
- Collaborate with Regional and HQ Sales department members to effectively collect and examine current data
- Identify key drivers of sales effectiveness including national, regional and local market best practices
- Create standard effectiveness reporting with recommendations for near term actions
- Additionally, support Sales Ops departments in current requirements and project deliverables
- Pursing Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sales, or related degree from an accredited college or university
- Must be Sophomore standing or higher
- Able to work full time, 40 hours per week
- Proven analytical problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities and/or service organizations
- Can work independently and with a team
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that is customer-centric
This can be a remote and or hybrid position; Remote:
The selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States. Hybrid:
This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4000 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.