Position Title:Safety Monitor
Reports To:Safety Supervisor
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Safety Monitor promotes safety, supports our agency and program mission, and addresses community concerns in a proactive and professional manner. The Safety & Security Officer provides onsite security services on a scheduled basis as part of his/her work week.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
Promotes Safety as follows
•Ensures that the front of the building, stairways and hallways remain clear of people who are loitering or disruptive, ensuring a calm environment on the sidewalk and within the street and providing ample room for pedestrians to pass.
•Enforces the rules of the Clinic and Rep Payee for clients.
•Intervene in crisis situations, using good judgement, communication skills (verbal or written), de-escalation techniques and calling upon emergency services as needed.
•Communicates in real time with internal security staff at the Clinic, Rep Payee, and other departmental Bay Cove staff. Communicates all problematic situations to appropriate staff.
•Collaborate with staff to address safety concerns and effectively address them as part of a team.
•Maintains and models appropriate boundaries with clients/guests so that they receive clear signals about what behaviors are acceptable and unacceptable at the Clinic, Rep Payee and in the building.
•Completes incident reports about any issues of the day thoroughly and completely before the end of the shift and provides these reports to appropriate staff.
- Welcomes clients, staff and guests to Bay Cove Human Services by providing a positive, professional and respectful presence at all times.
- Serves as a community diplomate and represents Bay Cove Human Services as a good neighbor and responsive community partner.
- Build relationships with neighboring businesses to assist with conflict resolution, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- experience working with vulnerable populations
- experience with de-escalation techniques or crisis interventions
- Must frequently lift/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific visual abilities required include close vision and peripheral vision.
- Regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to direct, handle, or feel or reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and assist with operating the wheelchair lift.
Employee will be provided with clothing to identify them as security. Garments to be provided include short sleeve collared shirt, and long sleeve dress shirt.A winter jacket and rain coat will be provided and need to be returned at the end of the shift.Employee is required to wear tan color khaki pants and proper shoes.
- PREVENT (2 day)
- Select CORE requirements
- Role specific orientation
- NARCAN training
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Working with neighboring businesses
- Other training as directed
five month evaluation.
After the initial evaluation, an annual evaluation will be done according to the schedule in Policy E-01: Performance Evaluation.
This job description is intended only to provide general guidance.It is understood that the position may evolve over time, and that additional or different duties may be added at the management's discretion.It is the policy of Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., to review and update job descriptions annually; however, updates or revisions may occur within a given year as indicated.
This job has expired.