Brigham and Women's Hospital is committed to putting every Patient First. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Our service will be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care, respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
The Safe Care Associate will be responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Actively greets patients, family/visitors, and staff in a polite, professional, friendly, and welcoming manner
- Screen staff, patients and visitors as indicated by hospital procedure and provide information and direction as appropriate. This may include asking a series of screening questions, taking a temperature, providing technological support, utilizing application screening tools, etc.
- Input applicable patient into our EPIC software program
- Adhere and promote adherence to our Mask, Hygiene, Heart and Six Feet Apart campaign.
- Communicate and enforce entrance policies which may include universal masking and visitor restrictions.
- Assists with patient and family/visitor inquiries and requests by actively listening and clearly responding. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information regarding hospital services and office locations, as well as clear and understandable directions.
- Ensures hospital lobbies and public areas are clean, safe, and uncluttered in accordance with all infection control standards
- Monitors hallways, elevators, stairwells and congregating areas to ensure that individuals are maintaining a safe 6 ft. distance from one another.
- Responds to requests from patients requiring escort, wayfinding or assistance
- Works in collaboration with volunteers to ensure patients, family/visitors, and staff receive accurate, timely, and service-oriented assistance.
- May need to provide employees with required Personal Protective Equipment (masks, scrubs, face shields, etc.)
- Initiates emergency codes and participates in actual or mock emergency procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the Safe Care Associate role.
Adheres to hospital policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Attendance and punctuality, including the use of time keeping software before beginning work and at the end of day.
- Uniform requirements
- Holiday rotations
- Ability to travel to other hospital / practice locations
- Must be able to rotate days, evenings, and weekends
Schedule: varying start times; includes weekend and holiday rotation, may include traveling to other locations.Qualifications
- High school diploma/ GED required
- 3-6 months experience in an office or health care setting preferred
- Requires interpersonal relationship skills to effectively communicate with patients, their families, physicians and other support personnel.
- Computer Skills, Microsoft Office package, EPIC knowledge or ability to become proficient in EPIC
- Requires good judgment, tact, sensitivity and the ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding patients, their medical histories, demographic information, etc.
- Requires the ability to strictly adhere to Customer Service Standards
Fast paced, often standing, abilityto travel between locations and some moderate lifting. Must wear a facemask at all times.EEO Statement
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.