This is a great opportunity to establish yourself in a secure company with a 75+ year history of success. We are proud to be comprised of more than 800 farm families throughout the Midwest. Since 1938, we have been producing high quality products for you and your family.
At Ice Cream Specialties, you'll become part of a dedicated team that manufactures and packages ice cream novelties.
We offer full-time schedules with great benefits that include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short term disability, and retirement. You'll also enjoy paid time off - holidays, vacation, sick days, and PTO.
Ice Cream Specialties dba North Star Distributing is looking for an experienced Route Supervisor. The Route Supervisor will be planning and supervising the daily activities of Direct Store Delivery "DSD" route sales personnel for the purpose of achieving company volume and profit objectives while complying with company policies. The Route Supervisor will be responsible for day-to-day customer interaction, sales growth and ongoing skill development of route salespeople and merchandising team.
- Supervises salespeople and merchandisers to assure sales volume and profit goals are met
- Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each sales and merchandising route
- Assist in screening and final selection of route salespeople and merchandisers
- Train salespeople and merchandisers on all Company policies and procedures and evaluate performance
- Conduct "workwiths" with route salespeople to develop their selling and customer service skills
- Coach route salespeople to successfully sell against baseline and promotion opportunities
- Key account responsibility - servicing the customer and developing collaborative relationships with all key personnel
- Ensure route schedules are followed - all customers are serviced as scheduled
- Achieve volume plan and financial plan
- Assist in the planning and conducting of all sales meetings
- Responsible for the maintenance of route sales books
- Adherence of all safety programs.
- Assure the appearance and condition of all Company personnel and equipment is kept up to Company standards
- Support branch meetings - focus on plan to achieve sales objectives and other goals
- Execution of management decisions
- Route coverage as needed
- Assist other locations as required
- Peform other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated self-starter skilled at leading people and managing financial results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Good computer skills - Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years' sales experience in route sales delivery
- Previous supervisory experience
- Class "B" CDL required with the ability to acquire a Class "A" license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skill in organization, time management, prioritization, and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines
Ice Cream Specialties is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.