It's more than a career, it's a calling.
OK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Shawnee
Manages women's services activities, workflow and nursing resources.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Collects and analyzes pertinent health data to develop and implement an individualized plan of care that includes interventions and alternatives to attain expected, measurable outcomes for women and newborns in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
- Coordinates care delivery to promote woman-, newborn-, and family-centered care within their scope of practice. Employs health teaching strategies that promote, maintain, or restore health within the context of a safe environment for woman, newborn, family-centered care.
- Evaluates the progress toward attainment of expected outcomes in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
- Determines decisions and actions on behalf of women, fetuses, and newborns in an ethical manner and guided by a sound framework for ethical decision-making. Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles when caring for women, newborns, and families.
- Communicates and collaborates with women, families, health care providers, and the community in providing safe and holistic care.
- Serves as a role model, change agent, consultant, and mentor to women, families, healthcare consumers, and other health care professionals. Acquires and maintains knowledge and competencies that reflect current evidence-based nursing practice for women, newborns, and families.
- Generates or integrates evidence to identify, examine, validate, and evaluate interprofessional knowledge, theories, and varied approaches in providing care to women and newborns. Practices, evaluates, and, if indicated, implements new measures to improve the quality of nursing practice for women and newborns.
- Evaluates their own nursing practice and participates in the evaluation of others in relation to current evidence-based consumer care information, professional practice standards and guidelines, statutes, rules and regulations. Considers resource factors related to safety, effectiveness, technological advances, and fiscal responsibility when planning and delivering care to women and newborns.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner when planning and delivering care to women, newborns, and families.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to women's services nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the departments Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License
Night Shift (United States of America)
37000024 Labor and Delivery
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.