PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job description is to assess, plan, direct, administer, teach, and evaluate nursing care; to ensure quality and efficiency according to established policies and procedures, and especially the performance of job-related technical skills.
Duty 1: Collaborates with the surgeon and surgical team members in providing safe, optimal outcomes for the patient.
Duty 2: Demonstrates intra-operative ability to handle tissue, provide exposure, utilize instrumentation, suture and provide hemostasis.
Duty 3: Maintains sterile field while moving throughout the surgical suite.
Duty 4: Assumes an active role in keeping informed regarding changes in policies, surgical procedures and equipment
Duty 5: Supports the implementation of clinical changes and evidence-based practices.
Duty 6: Tailors nursing care to meet the age specific and developmentally appropriate patient care.
Duty 7: Demonstrates knowledge of care standards that reflect professional and The Joint Commission guidelines for care and recognizes personal accountability for the guidelines.
Duty 8: Demonstrates appropriate isolation techniques and procedures in accordance with universal precautions to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Duty 9: Demonstrates cost effective awareness and practices efficient and appropriate use of supplies and equipment.
Duty 10: Assures patient's right to confidentiality of care and treatment.
Duty 11: Maintains an awareness and demonstrates an understanding of the surgical patient's need for comfort, positioning, safety and follows through to provide needed services.
- Licensed by the State of Ohio Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Completion of Education specifically designed for the Registered Nurse First Assistant
- CNOR or eligible for CNOR Certification.
- BLS Certification (within 60 days)
- Knowledge of instruments and medically related equipment for surgical and endoscopic procedures.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Special Care experience and ACLS certification preferred.
- Experience in surgery, minor surgery, endoscopy or emergency room nursing preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in sitting, walking, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds. The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination with the ability to grasp, push and pull, finger dexterity and fine manipulation. The associate must be able to reach work above the shoulder, and be able to use foot controls. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers. This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
This job has expired.