North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multi-specialty physicians group north of Boston, is a leader in innovative practices. We are explorers at heart! Here, ideas come from everyone-to the benefit of everyone we serve.
We continually seek the best ways to streamline care for both patients and providers. Our medical team of more than 400 physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other care professionals is consistently working together to discover new ways to improve and enhance our practices to benefit the health of our patients and the careers of our providers. Through our team-based approach, the goal is to make our practice of medicine smarter and more efficient.
With NSPG as your employer, you'll experience clinical excellence, supportive practice environments, and opportunities for career advancement!
Reporting to the NSPG Revenue Cycle Manager, the Revenue Cycle Specialist plays an important role in a high-profile group tasked with improving revenue results by taking a global view of clinical and financial processes, functions and interdependencies from the provision of patient care to final bill generation. Due to its service focus and project management emphasis, this position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, well-developed analytic and organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines while influencing, but not directly managing the work of others.
- With guidance from the Revenue Cycle manager, performs daily charge reconciliation focusing on revenue cycle integrity.
- Provide Customer Service to internal and external customers
- Ownership of designated service lines & EPIC applications
- Evaluates current charging and coding structures and processes in clinical departments to ensure appropriate capture and reporting of revenue and compliance with government and third party payor requirements.
- Assesses the accuracy and build of all charging workflows in EPIC including referrals and prior authorizations and most CAD and ADT operations.
- Provides NSPG guidance, communication and education on correct charge capture, coding and billing processes.
- Participates in projects related to revenue cycle initiatives with a degree of autonomy appropriate to experience and project complexity.
- Collaborates with NSPG Site Manager and staff, NSPG Providers, MGPO Compliance and MGPO Billing managers
- Analyzes EPIC work/error que data and performs root cause analysis. Executes on work plans to correct identified deficiencies.
- Analyzes changes to coding and billing rules and regulations by utilizing appropriate reference materials, internet sources, seminars and publications. Executes on work plans to adapt systems and processes to accommodate changes.
- Professional Development to include training and support of coding certifications.
- 0-3 years of experience in a hospital setting or within the healthcare industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.