As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Reporting to the local MGH Revenue Manager, the Analyst plays an important role in improving revenue results by taking a global view of clinical and financial processes, functions and interdependencies from the provision of patient care to final bill generation. This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, well-developed analytic and organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines while influencing, but not directly managing the work of others.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in Epic electronic charge capture
- Reviews daily Epic work queues as assigned to ensure Charge Review edits and DNB's are resolved and released for billing
- Monitors assigned Epic Work Queues daily and escalates/facilitates resolution
- Reviews charge details to ensure revenue is processed accurately according to Revenue Integrity and Billing Compliance guidelines
- Performs all duties related to the revenue processing activities of the department, including but not limited to charge reconciliation, running missing charge reports, charge document QA, assistance with improving accuracy of revenue posting, and Epic error resolution.
- Analyzes EPIC work queues and performs root cause analysis to identify trends and provide recommendations for automation or error resolution. Executes on work plans to correct identified deficiencies.
- Support the research billing process, implement identified improvements and escalate accounts to researchers
- 0-3 years of experience in a hospital setting or within the healthcare industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic healthcare system experience preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, self starter.
- Must be extremely well organized and have solid time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under sometimes tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong customer service orientation and problem resolution
- Resourceful and able to take initiative; take-charge ability, including knowledge of resources to answer questions and find required data and information
- Problem solving skills and an interest in improving processes
- Ability to translate data into meaningful information
- Inquisitive and interested in hospital operations
- Exceptional research and organizational skills.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion on sensitive fiscal and confidential issues.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.