Are you an experienced Sales Professional looking to join a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If you're passionate about what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist - Respiratory Specialty Care, in the Portland area, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to have positive impact on changing patients' lives.
AstraZeneca holds a unique position in respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by bring together novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has a number of promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
What you'll do
- You will develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- You will function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations. You will successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
- By developing and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to your assigned sales territory you will be able to work with your Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in your territory.
- You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines and work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care/sales
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical
- Demonstrated effective leadership, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
- Respiratory Sales experience
At AstraZeneca, when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=enSo, what's next!
If you are interested, please apply.