GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
A position is open for a full time Research Technician at the MGH Cancer Center in the Immune Monitoring Laboratory. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the development of this service-orientated, clinically focused research laboratory.
The mission of the laboratory is to provide comprehensive high quality immune monitoring that is innovative and enables translational research of immune-based therapies. This position is ideal for driven candidates who are interested in being a trusted member of a scientific team working on the cutting edge of immune monitoring in immunotherapy clinical trials. This is a unique opportunity for scientific growth and interaction in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note, the functions below are representative of major duties that are typically associated with these positions. Specific responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Similarly, not all duties that have been outlined will be assigned to each position.
The candidate is expected to independently carry out the daily activities of the laboratory with minimal supervision. Staff must work to GCLP standards.
Duties include but are not restricted to:
• Process and bank blood from patients undergoing immune-based therapy.
• Maintain accurate sample storage and record keeping.
• Perform multi-color flow cytometry and basic data analysis.
• Quantification of cytokine and soluble receptors in plasma using Luminex and ELISA.
• Extraction of DNA and RNA from patient samples.
• Perform ddPCR for monitoring CAR-T expansion.
• Perform Nanostring bulk RNA analysis and first line data QC
• Train new lab members in the various techniques.
• Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment.
• Document any technical issues and the corrective action required.
• Inventory and reagent ordering.
• Contribute to assay development, quality control processes, and technical validation.
A Research Technician II performs the duties of a Research Technician I (above) and may also:
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our